• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agricultural Occupancy Clause

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsgrimupnorth
    I already have two horses and was hoping to breed
    Is that legal under new labour?

Comment

can anyone help....

i am looking at a bungalow with a agricultural clause on it. i am a commercial fisherman looking for a loction to operate from due to the nature of my business i need to be ( in the sticks) really my job comes under the same defra department any ideas/comments on how i may swing the local planning authiority ( without the brown envelope as i have seen before)
      matt

Comment

When I was living in Kent before I knew this builder who bought a farm with disused building on it. He could not get planning permission to convert into house to live there. Local’s didn’t want him bringing equipment up and down their lane. So the only way he could get planning was as a farm workers accomadition. He tried several time to get that, as he originaly just wanted to have chickens, but they said he had to be animals that required overnight attention (breeding hourses could work)

In the end he decided to get planning and his own back on the locals who objected by building sheds for 1600 pigs right next to the back gardens of his new neighbours.

Ask at the local planning office what they will accept.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          You do realise this thread is 2 years old?
          Does that mean we are flogging a dead horse?

IGMC.

ps. ZG, does it make you feel old to be replying to a two year old thread that you originally posted in to begin with?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
          X