• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy price complaint

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We pay a lot because we burn special golden gas which they import directly from Mars and use electric which is made from crushed diamonds. Apparantly.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I pay £150 per month for gas and electric. But its a 4 bed, 3 reception room house. with lots of electrical appliances. and a double bath. and air conditioning.
      That's still a lot considering you live in the tropical south. I feel much better about my £170 quarterly gas bill now.

PS what is a double bath, is it for orgies?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

So start your own energy company and make lots of money.

Comment

I got a response from EON today - something about F'off, we'll do what we want and we have no plans to reduce prices.

Comment

on the flip side it is getting harder and therefore more expensive for exploration, licensing, facilitation and processing of oil & gas as its running out and getting harder to find good sources (hence the antarctic oil fields uproar).

what would happen if they reduced prices and ran out of money trying to find and farm more sources?

Comment

I moved into a new flat at the end of Nov, its got no central ehating, only runs on electric.

God knows what my bills will be like, but i hope they have been somewhat protected from the craziness in gas prices. At present I am paying the same with EDF as is charged by Ecotricity, so I may well switch to the greener kind of stuff once my first quarterly bill is in.

Last year, 1 bed flat, dual fuel was paying on average £35 a month to heat it, which was super duper.

Whats going on now is insane

Comment

As the cost to them has fallen ....It's criminal that they are not now lowering prices as fast as they put them up.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Energy costs

Cost per kWh of various fuels

Wood (forestry chip)....1.60
                  Wood pellets............3.10
                  Oil.....................4.00
                  Gas.....................2.20
                  Coal....................1.10
                  Electricity.............8.80

Comment

my monthly payments have gone up from £21 for gas and leccy to £134

i told scottish power to sod off and managed to come to an agreement of a better payment

I though energy prices were "supposed" to come down in accordance with the falling oil prices??
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X