• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you think the UK economy is bad, look at this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "DB hopes to persuade Geoff Hoon, the Transport Secretary, that it will operate a more efficient service through the Channel Tunnel by drawing on its experience in Germany of integrating trains with other modes of transport. German rail passengers can book an entire journey on just one web-site and with one ticket and can even arrange for an electrically assisted bicycle to be waiting for them at the station."
    All done on an IBM mainframe as well, running zLinux (have a bid in to do an upgrade of it this year!) This website is excellent for booking tickets, etc. I can book a ticket to get me from Darmstadt to London and its pretty damn cheap.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      All done on an IBM mainframe as well, running zLinux (have a bid in to do an upgrade of it this year!) This website is excellent for booking tickets, etc. I can book a ticket to get me from Darmstadt to London and its pretty damn cheap.

Comment

...being in euro zone would help prevent a number of dirty tricks politicians use to hide their mismanagement.

That statement confrims you as probably the most stupid person ever to post on this forum (even including andyW).
        A quick google on EC fraud would have prevented you from embarassing yourself.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          A quick google on EC fraud would have prevented you from embarassing yourself.
          I don't care about EC/Zimbabwe fraud - the one that bothers me most is fraud of UK Govt as it is directly related to me. I don't want UK Govt to be able to use fraudlent tricks such as rates manipulation (to stay longer in power and create big debt problem), big currency devaluation, unchecked debt taking - it should not be possible to use such tools excessively and Govts instead should focus on creating good low-tax business environment.

The people who are responsible for putting this country into deep tulip are not in EC - they are yourself (representing here City scammers) and successive Govts who knew they could just use financial machinations such as games with rates/currency value to create illusion that they have resolved the crisis.

The sooner UK Govt is unable to decide on matters such as :
          a) rates
          b) amount of debt larger than some reasonably small figure
          c) taxes
          d) currency that is under their full control

The better it will be - level playing field will be present and it will be harder for Govts to hide their mismanagement.

Naturally this will put plenty of parasites in the City out of work but I reckon it's the sacrifice that UK people can make, eh sassy?

Comment

The sooner UK Govt is unable to decide on matters such as :
            a) rates
            b) amount of debt larger than some reasonably small figure
            c) taxes
            d) currency that is under their full control

You really believe that?
            You really do have a low IQ don't you.
            You know that is why SKA won't succeed - you're not a credible figure here and you're probably not a credible figure to your clients, unless they happen to be autistic techies.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You really do have a low IQ don't you.
              Why is it you insist that someone who has different opinion than you has got low IQ?

a), b) and d) is now done for eurozone members, c) will come soon (many steps already were made).

Tax wise there should be small differences among states but not much.

Comment

Why is it you insist that someone who has different opinion than you has got low IQ?

a), b) and d) is now done for eurozone members, c) will come soon (many steps already were made).

Tax wise there should be small differences among states but not much.
                I don't. I think people who make cretinous statements have low IQs by definition.
                In your case it's also complicated by your numerous psychological issues.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't. I think people who make cretinous statements have low IQs by definition.
                  As I said - a), b) and d) is already in effect for many eurozone member and c) partially covers EU members (when it comes to VAT).

Perhaps all eurozone members are cretins and have psycological issues - maybe so, but at least they have been smart to keep world class manufacturing best and it's eurozone countries that buy this country left, right and center - railways, utilities, etc.

Comment

As I said - a), b) and d) is already in effect for many eurozone member and c) partially covers EU members (when it comes to VAT). .
                    Why has Italy the largest debt relative to its GDP then - 105%?
                    Even after Gordo's bailout we won't reach that figure

Perhaps all eurozone members are cretins and have psycological issues - maybe so, but at least they have been smart to keep world class manufacturing best and it's eurozone countries that buy this country left, right and center - railways, utilities, etc.
                    This statement illustrates why you are a cretin.

1) The trend for numbers of people in Europe employed in manufacturing is declining in EVERY country (including Germany) as some quick research will show you. The current economic depression will accelerate that process.

2) Countries don't buy countries. Companies buy shares in other companies. You're not in the Soviet Union now.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Why has Italy the largest debt relative to its GDP then - 105%?
                      Historical reasons most likely, I would not say UKs debt is low (if all off the book stuff is taken into account - it's getting closer to 100% soon I reckon) - the important thing is debt dynamics, is it growing now in Italy since euro was adopted? In the UK the debt is balooning right now.

This statement illustrates why you are a cretin.
                      No it doesn't. However your statement shows that you jump to personal insults as you have no proper arguments. In any case (even if I was wrong on my points), it would not make me cretin - you are essentially applying here nazi/soviet model whereby people who you disagree with are credits/bad people who should get out (often forcibly)

1) The trend for numbers of people in Europe employed in manufacturing is declining in EVERY country (including Germany) as some quick research will show you. The current economic depression will accelerate that process.
                      The rate of decline was a lot lower than in UK - essentially UK destroyed its manufacturing base where as other major countries (France/Germany) kept it.

Sure their manufacturing also declined but they solved it in part by outsourcing assembly to UK - Germany was the biggest exporter in the world, beating China requires some effort.

2) Countries don't buy countries. Companies buy shares in other companies. You're not in the Soviet Union now.
                      Strong countries would have strong businesses that would expand into other countries - UK is a weak country in this relationship: Germany, France, USA and now India even put money into this country - you may call it great success of attracting foreign investment, but that's what losers say - proper successful countries go OUT AND INVEST.

This is sad stuff given that UK was the birthplace of industrial revolution - the people responsible for betrayal of its achievements are the people like you sassy.

Comment

Working...
                      X