• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you think the UK economy is bad, look at this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    This is sad stuff given that UK was the birthplace of industrial revolution - the people responsible for betrayal of its achievements are the people like you sassy.

The UK is also the birthplace of the post-industrial economy as cretins like you don't understand.
    As usual Britain shows the way forward.
    In 30 years BMW and Merc may still exist but their factories will not be in Germany.

I'm astonished that you don't get the fact that machinery is low added value.

HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The UK is also the birthplace of the post-industrial economy as cretins like you don't understand. As usual Britain shows the way forward.
      Yes post-industrial economy - no mechanisms used, no big houses, no TV, no Internet - effing King Arthur ages, though even then blacksmithes were doing some real work

In 30 years BMW and Merc may still exist but their factories will not be in Germany.
      They will still do R&D - I actually think they will have main factories in Germany too, but cheap stuff like Mini will be assembled in cheap countries with poor worker protection rights.

Beating you up silly here sassy - give it up!

Comment

They will still do R&D - I actually think they will have main factories in Germany too,

What R&D? The internal combustion engine has remained essentially unchanged for 100 years. Why are BMW and Merc not following the Japanese lead and researching new techs?
        Face it atw, your beloved Germans have made a big mistake - in their own way they rode the boom too making bigger and bigger cars with V12 engines that were bought by wealthy financiers in London and US, mafia types in Russia and party appatchiks in China as status symbols.
        Now demand for such cars has fallen off a cliff. The consequnces of this have yet to be seen but we're talking a drop in the region of 50%. This only happened before in the 30s. Do you understand what this means?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

What R&D? The internal combustion engine has remained essentially unchanged for 100 years.

This post-industrial economy work in the City turned your brains into mush (if you ever had them, which is doubtful to be honest).

Diesel (allegedly killed by MI6 agents) invented his engine long time ago, however if you take even 20 year old diesel and current ones the difference is material. It's like saying CPU was invented 30 years ago so current versions made by Intel are somehow bad!

Though this example might fall on deaf ears since you are not related to IT in any meaningful way

Why are BMW and Merc not following the Japanese lead and researching new techs?
          BMW and Merc work on very nice Hydrogen engines - I'd say they are ahead of the world in this, though Japanese made good progress with electric hybrids. Either way UK is not going much here so blind man should not accuse one eyed person of just having one eye - even that is superior of blindness, though in order to understand this blind person should also have some brains to appreciate it.

Face it atw, your beloved Germans have made a big mistake - in their own way they rode the boom too making bigger and bigger cars with V12 engines that were bought by wealthy financiers in London and US, mafia types in Russia and party appatchiks in China as status symbols.
          Germans made only one very big mistake - electing nazies in power and falling for their words of hate. They paid very dearly for this mistake and have rebuild their country in a way that I am certain was not thought to be possible in 1945 - they deserve high respect for that.

In terms of V12 engines those represent small fraction of stuff they sell, even though those models are very profitable and demand would sure be reduced, however it won't totally fall off - what you don't know about backwards countries like Russia is that when crisis hits then it mainly hits the poor who don't buy V12 and middle classes (who would be lucky to buy Golf class) - the rich always find money to buy new V12 car because visible status becomes even more important during crisis in such countries.

So Merc and BMW will be okay, even though I think they made mistake recently by getting into low value market, they might need to cut back on that as it devalues their brands.

Comment

BMW and Merc work on very nice Hydrogen engines - I'd say they are ahead of the world in this, though Japanese made good progress with electric hybrids.
            That's downplaying the impact that Honda are having with their Hydrogen engines isn't it?
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

You make me laugh atw, you're such a loser.
              Why are you thinking about what Germany or the UK does?
              It's not as if you're helping to develop any life-changing tech is it?
              And you seem to think your code monkey skills are somehow worthy of appreciation whereas I could find an infinite number of programmers who are better and cheaper than you.
              Think about fixing your sad life instead, make SKA work or give up and move on to reality

Or is your only ambition to live on this forum spouting gibberish. It seems so because that has been your only achievement in 4 years.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                That's downplaying the impact that Honda are having with their Hydrogen engines isn't it?

... but who wants a high pressure gas bottle in their car ? Did you see the mess that one made of the Quantas jet last year when it exploded.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  I'd say German manufacturers are ahead when it comes to hydrogen engines (that can also work on fossil fuels) - Honda is making an effort but in my view it's not as good yet. The important thing here is not whether Japanese are ahead or Germans (who certainly are when it comes to diesels - French good too - Japanese well behind, but catching up) - UK does not figure in this at all! Does it make you feel better that it's Japanese who are somewhat ahead in hydrogen enginens than Germans? Either way it's not UK!

Comment

Why are you thinking about what Germany or the UK does?
                    It affects lifestyles - Germany has got nice fast cheap punctual trains - UK got one tulip of a system when it costs more to travel to London (even offpeak!) then to fly airplane abroad! That's the direct consequence of the same mismanagement that destroyed UK industry.

The ironic thing I find that me - immigrant - defends UK values more than someone like you who sold them out for a few coppers

It's not as if you're helping to develop any life-changing tech is it?
                    No, I am not, unfortunately, and it bothers me greatly that my work is not as beneficial to the human kind as it could be - I am pretty sure you don't have such issues while collecting your fat permie salary every month for mainly posting on CUK
                    Last edited by AtW; 3 January 2009, 13:07.

Comment

I'd say German manufacturers are ahead when it comes to hydrogen engines (that can also work on fossil fuels) - Honda is making an effort but in my view it's not as good yet.
                      Isn't the BMW engine still reliant on frozen Hydrogen, whilst Honda uses more easily produced/distributed compressed Hydrogen? And don't forget that the Honda Clarity is actually out there now - I'd say they are at the forefront of hydrogen fuel-cell engines at the moment.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X