• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another thieving parasite banker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm not going to translate this, but this **** has presided over a bank that was nationalised by the Dutch state and is now subsidized by my taxes and is leaving with a 'leaving compensation' of 8 million euros. The business he runs has just recieved the biggest welfare cheque in the history of the Netherlands and he's oing off with milions. This is f**king revolting. People get wound up about so-called benefit scroungers and sinlge mothers on income support, but their contribution to the general bloodsucking effort is nothing compared to the senior management of banks.

Should we just stop using the word 'banker' and replace it with 'tapeworm'?

http://www.nrc.nl/economie/article21...oor_topman_ABN
    WTF are you whining at? Its a dutch bank FFS.

You're hardly paying dutch taxes from Blackpool, are you?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

RBS (UK bank bailed out by UK taxpayers) owns part of ABN Amro. Hardly Dutch problem is it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...f-1192851.html

Comment

"Royal Bank of Scotland's potential £400m loss from the world's biggest alleged investment fraud came from the investment banking business it bought from ABN Amro.

The exposure to loans used to leverage the investments of its clients in Bernard Madoff's giant $50bn (£33bn) pyramid scheme is the latest blow delivered to RBS from its purchase of ABN last year, a deal which accounted for about a third of RBS's £5.9bn of first-half write-downs. Investor anger at the takeover, which left RBS in a weak capital position, helped prompt the departure of the bank's chief executive, Sir Fred Goodwin, last month. "

That's the basis for criminal case - anyone (like bank, hedge fund) who put a lot of money into Madoff ponzi scheme did not do due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post

I live in NL and pay Dutch taxes.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I live in NL and pay Dutch taxes.

greedy bankers'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Yes.
              $500 bln I think were Lehmans obligations, they stopped being a bank and became hedge fund - massive failure of regulation but also criminal negligence on behalf of the management of the bank in my view.
              It's the "in your view" that lets it down AtW. It is only in your view (and in the view of like minded people).

So we get to the bottom line. Can I summarise...

1) There has been regulatory failure
              2) No evidence has yet been presented of criminal activity by bank directors
              3) You - and others - think something criminal must have taken place but you have no evidence for that.

And that's about it. Nothing much except that some people on this forum don't like bank directors and would like them imprisoned because of a vague feeling of moral righteousness, combined with frustration, impotence and political dogma.
              When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                It's the "in your view" that lets it down AtW. It is only in your view (and in the view of like minded people).

So we get to the bottom line. Can I summarise...

1) There has been regulatory failure
                2) No evidence has yet been presented of criminal activity by bank directors
                3) You - and others - think something criminal must have taken place but you have no evidence for that.

And that's about it. Nothing much except that some people on this forum don't like bank directors and would like them imprisoned because of a vague feeling of moral righteousness, combined with frustration, impotence and political dogma.
                …and the fact that my taxes are being used to rescue a business while the directors are being rewarded with multi million euro f**k-up-bonusses as if there’s nothing wrong.

Comment

…and the fact that my taxes are being used to rescue a business while the directors are being rewarded with multi million euro f**k-up-bonusses as if there’s nothing wrong.
                  Hence the "frustration and impotence" I mentioned.
                  When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                    Hence the "frustration and impotence" I mentioned.
                    Well what do you expect? Do you expect Dutch taxpayers to rejoice at the prospect of millions of euros of taxes being spent on a bonus for the director of a failed company?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      RBS (UK bank bailed out by UK taxpayers) owns part of ABN Amro. Hardly Dutch problem is it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...f-1192851.html
                      Course its still a dutch problem.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X