• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1€ = 97p and falling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.973 - it's like watching a car crash now.

Comment

Guys... if you all know this and you want to rely on atw super-expert advice, why not buying now euros and sell them again in a few months with a 20-30% return?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
        Guys... if you all know this and you want to rely on atw super-expert advice, why not buying now euros and sell them again in a few months with a 20-30% return?
        I want to make it clear that at no time I advised anyone to buy euros.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I have. I advised a recent visitor from the Antipodes to buy some euros before he got on the plane in case the bank was shut when he arrived in NL.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yes, you just like to give advice on the obvious. All you did since you are on this board is to state the obvious. It will rain. Of course it will rain, sooner or later. What is difficult is to guess when and how long. Now I am going to behave like you. The pound will go up again. Call me an expert. That article last time was very good. When even the taxi driver (and atw) start talking about it, it means it's already too late to profit from that.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Yes, you just like to give advice on the obvious.
              No - I don't like giving anyone any advice at all, especially if it seems "obvious" - all I do when I talk about euro and other on here is expressing my own personal view, not advising anyone.

When even the taxi driver (and atw) start talking about it, it means it's already too late to profit from that.
              When I post my views I am not concerned about profits.

Comment

No - I don't like giving anyone any advice at all, especially if it seems "obvious" - all I do when I talk about euro and other on here is expressing my own personal view, not advising anyone.

When I post my views I am not concerned about profits.
                Have you tried giving away lotto numbers the next day?

Comment

Have you tried giving away lotto numbers the next day?
                  Again you are talking about profits that are of no interest to me when I post here - you should talk to personal financial advisor for advice that may or may not make you profit, I don't have such goals and never intended to have them.

Comment

I think pound got devalued more after pre-budget report - I am not sure they wanted this to happen as this is bound to push inflation next year, maybe that's exactly what they want to devalue all the debt? Playing with fire IMO - pound may never recover its position against euro, though this would make joining eurozone easier.
                    Politically easier possibly, but there is the spending and debt splurge to consider.

Based on their own projections in the pre-budget-report, Britain is not now going to meet the convergence criteria on keeping the government deficit below 3% of GDP until 2014, so perhaps not.

If their projections prove to be too optimistic then they are going to blow the requirement to keep total government debt below 60% of GDP by 2014 too.

Comment

Working...
                    X