• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The parents of the child are responsible for location of the child - if they wanted safety for their child they'd locate him away from wherever HAMAS is - the buildings that were bombed were pretty clearly associated with HAMAS.

The sad part here is that parents of those childs deliberately in my view located them around HAMAS places so that when Israel strikes they could claim that Israel is killing children. Given that HAMAS did plenty of suicide bombings that killed children - and in this case civilians were deliberately targeted, it seems to me that HAMAS has got no moral superiority in this case.

Well, the other way would be to go in with land forces - problem is that HAMAS fighters would melt away and pretend to be civilians, so you can't do anything about it unless you plan on killing all men, ie genocide - something Israel rejects due to jews being under genocide themselves and they are right in their choice.

All HAMAS needed to do in order to avoid that is to stop firing rockets - it seems a fairly reasonable request in my view.

So, by using your logic 3000 people deserved to die in the twin towers because the US gives the missiles to Israel? "The parents of the child are responsible for location of the child"

I am trying to say that Israel was wrong, you are trying to argue with me believing that I support hamas. You are missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      btw - I don't think the Israelis try very hard to avoid hitting civilians. The two sides hate each other so much, I doubt they care. But the Israelis are more conscious of world opinion, so are rather less careless of civilian lives.
      I think Israelis try to target people who are active members of HAMAS - particularly the leadership. Now Israel probably won't give a tulip if those people are around civilians, that's true but Israel has got self interest to target well leaders because otherwise they would waste strike - reports seem to suggest plenty of HAMAS people got hit and the buildings were fairly openly HAMAS.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        So, by using your logic 3000 people deserved to die in the twin towers because the US gives the missiles to Israel? "The parents of the child are responsible for location of the child"
        No, they did not deserve to die because they were not directly involved - in all probability as those buildings were civilian.

If it was state of war then (for example) attack on Pentagon as military installation would be justified from military point of view even though there will clearly be civilians there as well as military targets. Same goes for other sides - attack on Kremlin (if it was WW3) would be justified if it helps end war quickly by eliminating the political (and part of military) leadership.

Comment

No, they did not deserve to die because they were not directly involved - in all probability as those buildings were civilian.

If it was state of war then (for example) attack on Pentagon as military installation would be justified from military point of view even though there will clearly be civilians there as well as military targets. Same goes for other sides - attack on Kremlin (if it was WW3) would be justified if it helps end war quickly by eliminating the political (and part of military) leadership.
          So how many of the dead today were active HAMAS members? You don't know, you are just shooting from the hip.

And if a child was killed today and his parents voted HAMAS then does that make it OK?

Comment

So how many of the dead today were active HAMAS members?
            Reports from HAMAS suggested plenty of their leaders were killed, anyone who helps them in the buildings primarily used by HAMAS (like their police station etc) should be aware that they take on serious risks.

And if a child was killed today and his parents voted HAMAS then does that make it OK?
            What about german children who died under allied bombs in WW2? Those children did not vote for Hitler you know. Compared to allied bombings of Dresden (totally unnecessary in my view) Israel is using fairly well targeted attacks - they can't be perfect because HAMAS is using deliberately civilians to try to reduce chance of Israel attacking.

Comment

Reports from HAMAS suggested plenty of their leaders were killed, anyone who helps them in the buildings primarily used by HAMAS (like their police station etc) should be aware that they take on serious risks.

What about german children who died under allied bombs in WW2? Those children did not vote for Hitler you know. Compared to allied bombings of Dresden (totally unnecessary in my view) Israel is using fairly well targeted attacks - they can't be perfect because HAMAS is using deliberately civilians to try to reduce chance of Israel attacking.
              Again you are trying to argue that Israel was right by commenting upon times where civilians were killed. "it has happened before so it can happen again" is your argument.

I can now see why you are regarded as king spud on this forum.

Comment

Again you are trying to argue that Israel was right by commenting upon times where civilians were killed. "it has happened before so it can happen again" is your argument.
                My first argument is simple - if HAMAS keeps shooting rockets and mortars at Israel then they should not be suprised to be on the receiving end of overwhelming force.

My second argument is even simpler - anyone who wants to be safe should stay as far away from HAMAS as possible.

Well, you are entitled to your view just like I am entitled to mine. I don't think I was exactly known as Israel's supported on here, but given recent events (last few years) I am more inclined to side with the Israel than palestinians, the fault for that lies with the actions of palestinians.

Comment

There's a lot of rubbish talked on here. It is very simple.

If one lot keeps firing missiles at another lot every day, they can hardly complain when the other lot decide to fire back. If they are truly worried about women and children getting hit, then don't fire missiles from built up areas.

There's people on here who seem to believe the Israelis are enjoying it. Fecking idiots.

Comment

No no no - atW is a brilliant statesman, economist and entrepreneur whose business will achieve world-beating success imminently.

And now I'm off to investigate the squadron of flying pigs I've just spotted.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      No no no - atW is a brilliant statesman, economist and entrepreneur whose business will achieve world-beating success imminently.

And now I'm off to investigate the squadron of flying pigs I've just spotted.

It's just a shame that the ignore function doesn't stretch to comments being quoted, so it's not possible to completely ignore his inane drivel. Oh well.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X