• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Germany and now the IMF criticise GB !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Germany and now the IMF criticise GB !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7797478.stm

It does seem that the VAT cut was just a costly waste of time, and not thought through. That's normal though isn't it with these imbeciles in power.

The vat cut was about the worst thing they could do. Hugely expensive when you look at what it means to the govt and the money they collect yet meaningless when it comes down to the individual in terms of the savings made. It was also expensive for the shops to reprice everything. At the end of the day it was another of Browns half @rsed and ill thought out actions. All it has done is increase debt even more without providing the stimulus which it was intended to give.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I bought 3 DVDs in HMV for 20 quid on Saturday. Now I realise why I was only charged 19.57. That must really make a big difference to everybody this Xmas.

Comment

It was just stated on the news that "if you spend 900 pounds a month on VATable good you will save 20 quid"

What are these people on?

900 quid a month is about what someone on 20K a year (you know, that mythical average worker that earns a wage that can't be lived on!) has each month to spend on *everything*.

Most of this money will go on mortgage/rent, food and fuel which aren't affected by the VAT change, they'll be lucky to have 90 quid a month spare not 900.

tim

Comment

Government doesnt have a fking clue shocker

Comment

Working...
          X