• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Christmas Message - Doing better with less‏

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Christmas Message - Doing better with less‏

I just received amn email from someone I used to work with. Not sure what he means : can anyone translate for me?
    =====================================

Pardon me for a Bcc all, but this is an important message and I hope it finds you in good health - what else is more important?

Inspired by my good friend and 'fractional' mentor, Frank Dunn, I quote;

One of the key discoveries so far of Complexity Theory is that co-operative processes in general seem far more likely to survive than isolated, rampantly selfish entities. This moves successful evolution away from the original 'principle of natural selection' to a more holistic, symbiotic view of adaptability, wherein survival is a group or team effort.

....leading to a future that is now about "Doing better with less";

Let's stop claiming to dominate nature and the world; let's stop making possession a superior end. Let's put our cherished deviancies, such as the manufacture of desire and its bulimic satisfaction, back in their place. Today's progress must be situated on the side of being rather than of having.

...and for our so called leaders;

Let us dream: A politician takes the side of talking to us about the world as it is, as it risks becoming; he or she forecasts not sweat and tears, but difficult tomorrows; she or he proposes that we talk about it, as responsible citizens, and allows us to perceive robust paths along which to advance, with a smile, towards the era of less ... A less that will consequently take on the character of better. Robert Lion, France, circa 2007

Peace.

Right on comrade.

Comment

They have joined a cult and want to convert you.
      Ask them if they've got good pot & orgies.
      Bored.

Comment

Working...
      X