• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bannatyne is a c0ck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s a good reason why the big chain gyms don’t like people to just join for the winter. Those people generally train outdoors in the summer and are often seriously fit. They’ll pay their membership, turn up a few times each week and cause wear and tear on the silly machines that have cost gazillions to install. What Bannatynes and other chains really want is people who pay up and then only turn up from time to time to amble along on the treadmill and have a natter before buying several diet shakes in the bar and spending a fortune on having cucumber slices stuck over their eyes in the 'wellness centre' ; maximum revenue for no outlay or effort.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nice gym = nice totty to look at and spur you on with your workout (followed by a nice unwind in the sauna/jacuzzi/steam room).

Can be quite motivating
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Nail on head there Mitch. I do like spinning classes with jiggly ladies though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Nice gym = nice totty to look at and spur you on with your workout (followed by a nice unwind in the sauna/jacuzzi/steam room).

Can be quite motivating
          If you want to get seriously fit, google ‘crossfit’ and see if there’s a group in your area. You might even end up in the kind of shape that the jiggly ladies start ogling you instead of the other way around.

linky

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            If you want to get seriously fit, google ‘crossfit’ and see if there’s a group in your area. You might even end up in the kind of shape that the jiggly ladies start ogling you instead of the other way around.

linky
            crossfitnortheastengland.com

I'm all for getting fit but limits are limits!
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              crossfitnortheastengland.com

I'm all for getting fit but limits are limits!
              Yes, OK, it came up on my google search, but there are loads more. It's one hell of a way to get fit; worked for me. I could give you the Americanised 'see your bodyfat disappear as you look in the mirror' story, but try it. It's fun, hard work and builds functional strength. One point though is to make sure you get sufficient rest; some crossfit freaks simply break themselves up by doing too much without a sensible progression.

Comment

Yes, OK, it came up on my google search, but there are loads more. It's one hell of a way to get fit; worked for me. I could give you the Americanised 'see your bodyfat disappear as you look in the mirror' story, but try it. It's fun, hard work and builds functional strength. One point though is to make sure you get sufficient rest; some crossfit freaks simply break themselves up by doing too much without a sensible progression.

Looks quite interesting and different - might give it a go!

Comment

There’s a good reason why the big chain gyms don’t like people to just join for the winter. Those people generally train outdoors in the summer and are often seriously fit. They’ll pay their membership, turn up a few times each week and cause wear and tear on the silly machines that have cost gazillions to install. What Bannatynes and other chains really want is people who pay up and then only turn up from time to time to amble along on the treadmill and have a natter before buying several diet shakes in the bar and spending a fortune on having cucumber slices stuck over their eyes in the 'wellness centre' ; maximum revenue for no outlay or effort.
                  Correct.

I gave up on these gyms as the kit is well weedy, there again I break bicycle cranks axles, pull wheels right off their hubs, etc. even when it's my own kit.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X