• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best robotic cleaner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't you find it gets in the way a bit. I mean you are sat in a chair and you push back (as you do) and CRUNCH you've run it over, or cracked its shell.

I'd be too tempted to use it as an object to take my anger out on - so it would become a high speed frisbee

On another point, could you attach your dog to it, and make it go for little walks around the house?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
      How did this actually occur ? was it whilst it was docked and charging or when it was actually charged an in motion ?
      Dunno, he just told me he smelled burning from the other room, and found a small fire on his living room floor.
      Not sure if it was in use or not. It would be almost comical if the thing caught fire and kept scooting around setting everything alight whilst you frantically tried to catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
        On another point, could you attach your dog to it, and make it go for little walks around the house?
        Tried that with the robot lawn mower. The dogs were not best pleased for the first few weeks, but with perseverance, and one of those elastic lines, most eventually got used to it. It was a bit heath-robinson, one of them bathroom plunger sucker cups on top of the machine with a broom stick in it and the lead attached at the top. Stopped it lopping off the flowers in the beds, and came away if caught around a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          Tried that with the robot lawn mower. The dogs were not best pleased for the first few weeks, but with perseverance, and one of those elastic lines, most eventually got used to it. It was a bit heath-robinson, one of them bathroom plunger sucker cups on top of the machine with a broom stick in it and the lead attached at the top. Stopped it lopping off the flowers in the beds, and came away if caught around a tree.
          Is this you or the lawn mower? The BBC props department were way ahead of their time.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

DC06 - was never launched - it was too expensive - but the rest are crap

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoat View Post
              Best Robotic Cleaner
              Metal Mickey.

Comment

Working...
              X