• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German business sentiment hits record low in December

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko View Post
    This until chinese start making cars of same value at half the price.
    They won't have the brand name. Toyota has been making Lexus for some time and it's high quality, yet brand name plays in this key role. VW might be under threat, but they got Skoda and other things. At least one thing you can be sure of - German Govt won't fk up its industry the way UK did.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
      Don't you want a Zil complete with chauffeur?
      Right now the British government has nationalised a couple of high street banks, is talking about bailing out two car manufacturers, has presided over a massive growth in the civil service, subsidized a bankrupt chainstore to stay open over Christmas, has raised taxes for 11 years on the trot(ski) and is borrowing such huge amounts of money that the world’s investors are seriously concerned about it’s ability to repay. Personal taxation in the UK, when you include national insurance is now actually higher than the traditionally social democrat countries like NL and Deutschland. What makes you think Euroland is full of communists?
      It's the bleeding communists in Britain that are driving the rest of us to the wall now.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes. In locations other than Germany.
        In those locations they will be making Skodas. Either way those locations won't be UK, so whatever industry Germany keeps in 10 years that will still be one hell of a lot more than what's left in UK now, yet alone in 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Right now the British government has nationalised a couple of high street banks, is talking about bailing out two car manufacturers, has presided over a massive growth in the civil service, subsidized a bankrupt chainstore to stay open over Christmas, has raised taxes for 11 years on the trot(ski) and is borrowing such huge amounts of money that the world’s investors are seriously concerned about it’s ability to repay. Personal taxation in the UK, when you include national insurance is now actually higher than the traditionally social democrat countries like NL and Deutschland. What makes you think Euroland is full of communists?
          It's the bleeding communists in Britain that are driving the rest of us to the wall now.
          For me it's social not economic. I don't mind paying my taxes: I lived in France for 15 years without a complaint. But there I saw what we were all getting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            For me it's social not economic. I don't mind paying my taxes: I lived in France for 15 years without a complaint. But there I saw what we were all getting for it.
            What, stuff like affordable 350 kph trains, good metro systems, best education in Europe, the most brilliant, fantabulous motorway viaducts in the world, free time and a little Renault 4 van to pick up your wine and truffles from the market?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Do you know how they were called in USSR by people?

Those Zil's were only used for high ranking members of the communist party, so people called them - MemberCarriers

It's a bit lost in translation but I think it's possible to get it
              So you mean that you would feel like a Pr1ck if you were in a Zil?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                In those locations they will be making Skodas. Either way those locations won't be UK, so whatever industry Germany keeps in 10 years that will still be one hell of a lot more than what's left in UK now, yet alone in 10 years.
                When the oil runs out, Germany is fooked then. We will have had experience in developing the first post-industrial economy, they won't know what to do.

Hth.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

When the oil runs out, Germany is fooked then. We will have had experience in developing the first post-industrial economy, they won't know what to do.

Hth.
                  I remember exactly that being said in the 1970s.

Comment

Quite. That's why Siemens (and others) who make Wind Turbines, Solar Panels have order book filled up for many years in advance

I'd say so long as Germany is not run by greedy, short-term barstewards who would sell their country on the cheap (ie like you) then it will deal with the problems just fine.

I am just hoping they would buy railways in this country and finally get here affordable fast trains that run on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                      So you mean that you would feel like a Pr1ck if you were in a Zil?
                      Yes - word "member" in Russian is the same as that

Comment

Working...
                      X