• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here a freemason?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoes View Post
    You need to have a belief in a supreme being to be a member, that must prevent a lot of rational people who might otherwise consider it, shooting yourselves in the feet in this day and age I would have thought.
    Would it be OK if I believe that I'm the Supreme Being?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      So it's not really that different to the Rotary or Lions Clubs?
      Except you have to profess to believe in and memorize a bunch of pseudo-religious tulip that even L. Ron Hubbard wouldn't have tried to get away with.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Does being a Jedi Master or follower count ?

Masonry is a cult based upon mediocrity and mendacity. It is elitist, racist and misogynist. Masons come firstly. The notion of masons advocating democratic freedoms and rights is pure nonsense. It is a deceptive lie. Their practical volume of the sacred law is the book for tyrants by Machiavelli called The Prince, or the egotistic selfishness of the philosopher Ayn Rand (a woman!), who advocated a might is right, laissez-faire capitalism with no regard for social welfare for the disadvantaged.

Masons do not recogise the Divinity of God in the Christian sense, and as such their saying "Let the Brother be brought to Light" can be considered to have a sinister subtext. (The Light of Lucifer... )

OTOH, the above is all rumour and falsehood, and everything a secretive and elitist organisation tells you is all cuddly and fluffy.

Bah!
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Masons do not recogise the Divinity of God in the Christian sense, and as such their saying "Let the Brother be brought to Light" can be considered to have a sinister subtext. (The Light of Lucifer... )

Bah!
          You have to believe in God to become a Mason ( or at least you did when I was one)
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
            You have to believe in God to become a Mason ( or at least you did when I was one)
            So, you're a chap then zara.

That's one less on here for me to fantasise about.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              As for "your" type not being admitted, check out the UGLE website for membership criteria.
              As I said..

"They don't let my 'kind' in where I live"

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                So, you're a chap then zara.

That's one less on here for me to fantasise about.
                No - I am female - born one and still am

Comment

I think Paula said that once.................

Comment

masons are men, so what kind of a mason were you? A masonette?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      masons are men, so what kind of a mason were you? A masonette?
                      Ha Ha - have not heard that one before.

I am not in a masonic lodge now and have not been a mason for 20 years and would not want to be in one (All I am pointing out is there are are female masons, have been for years).

The story goes a cleaner was late cleaning a lodge and when the men entered the lodge she hid in a closet. She then witnessed a a lodge meeting and was found. As only masons can be present she was initiated into the lodge.

Personally I just think it was started by a group of Mason Wives out for revenge!

Comment

Working...
                      X