• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here a freemason?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was many many years ago

Not may lady masons about.
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I don't think I am allowed to tell you if I were?
      that's fight club!

Comment

They don't let my 'kind' in where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          that's fight club!
          I cant tell you about that either!

Comment

My step father is a mason, he was 'worshipful master' at his lodge a few years ago.

He's often asked if I'd like to join but after attending a few charity functions and meeting the ‘brethren’ I really don't think I'd fit in.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A couple of my friends are on the square. I think that's what it's called isn't it?

One of them is very keen. He keeps his apron spotless, deputises for the chief buffalo, and knows all the words and that.

The other one hardly goes now, he says it's a bit too bizarre. He still gives me the handshake though.

They are both considerably richer than me.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I thought the only outlay was for the initial book and the apron (max £50 together).

My friend describes it as a club who go out for a meal every now and then and help charities. Hmmm....

Comment

its the illuminati!
                  "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

I thought about joining, but didn't like the sound of becoming an "entered apprentice"
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

At the last masons charity do I attended I had to stand with all the brethren and sing to the women.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X