• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Flash Gordon a superhero?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't true superheroes wear their underpants on the outside, or at minimum Lycra body suits and some other means of obscuring their genitalia? In the case of 7 of 9, they dim the lights and make her wear some kind of special genital obscuring panties, I expect.

Comment

7 of 9 isnt a superhero....dont make me bring the nerd rage down on you!
      lycra and outsidey undercrackers arent a superhero must have either, heck costumes arent as prevelant as they once were
      "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

hhmmmmm 7 of 9, now I feel all warm and cosy
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Flash Gordon isn't a superhero, he's...

Just a man
          With a man's courage
          You know he's
          Nothing but a man

Freddy Mercury told us so, so there!

Further, he banged Dale Arden for fun, and other superheroes don't do that sort of stuff, unless it leads to guilt and remorse.
          When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

I wouldn't say I was flash, but when it comes to saving the world from economic destruction caused by other peoples greed and incompetence, I'm your man.
            If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
              I wouldn't say I was flash, but when it comes to saving the world from economic destruction caused by other peoples greed and incompetence, I'm your man.
              my
              When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                Flash Gordon isn't a superhero, he's...

Just a man
                With a man's courage
                You know he's
                Nothing but a man

Freddy Mercury told us so, so there!

Further, he banged Dale Arden for fun, and other superheroes don't do that sort of stuff, unless it leads to guilt and remorse.
                Johnny Bravo is the only true super hero!

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post

hmmmmm i dunno some of the more morally ambiguous supes go in for a bit of sports f**king, but most of the main playas dont. marshall law, american flagg and the boys dont really count as there are certain levels of irony and ambiguity going on.

plus Dale was clearly begging for it
                  "I'm more of a warrior than you'll ever be. I believe in the class war. I believe in the battle of the sexes. I believe in my tribe. I believe in the righteous, inteligent clued-up section of society against the brain-dead moronic masses as well as the mediocre, soulless bourgeoisie. I believe in punk rock. In northern soul. In acid house. In mod. In rock and roll. I also believe in pre commercial righteous, rap and hip hop. Thats my manifesto"

Comment

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
                    Johnny Bravo is the only true super hero!

He de man!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X