• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Present for Male Teacher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linky SFW
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Hi, I would like to get my daughters teacher a Christmas present. He is a bloke,
      my daughter really likes him and has worked very hard this term, so I felt like saying thank you.

Any ideas? women teachers are easy to get stuff for, but I'm not so sure about a youngish male teacher. My back up present is a bottle of Jamesons.
      Can anyone suggest anything better?

Keep it clean!
      2 bottles of Jamesons.

Comment

Hi, I would like to get my daughters teacher a Christmas present. He is a bloke,
        my daughter really likes him and has worked very hard this term, so I felt like saying thank you.

Any ideas? women teachers are easy to get stuff for, but I'm not so sure about a youngish male teacher. My back up present is a bottle of Jamesons.
        Can anyone suggest anything better?

Keep it clean!
        Is the pressie really from your daughter or you? Just trying to work out a reasonable response.

If it is from your daughter, give him some belgian chocies. If it is from you... well... I'll leave that your imagination. However, a Heart shaped chocolate could give him a few hints.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Well liked teachers get a truck load of booze and choccies at Christmas (well my wife does).

That said, she came home with a couple of nice outdoorsy things this week(she runs the DoE award scheme).

Being for a bloke though, one of those beer selection boxes will probably do nicely...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

An apple.

Comment

We had the same scenario Pogle. Fairly uinimaginitive but he got a bottle of fairly decent wine.

It is the thought that counts.
              When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                It is the thought that counts.
                Yes, but we're still trying to figure out what the thought is nudge nudge

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yes, but we're still trying to figure out what the thought is nudge nudge
                  Oh pleeese he's my daughters teacher and very nice but looks about 12!
                  Why does EVERYTHING on this forum come down to shagging??
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Men.

Comment

Because we’re a bunch of bored people sitting in offices with no other meaning to our daily lives than getting paid as much money as possible for as little effort as possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X