• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the pound be dissolved and will we enter the Euro ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    just stopped propping up bad manufacturers like British Leyland, who made bad cars that no-one wanted to buy.
    So, the birthplace of industrial revolution ended up having only bad manufacturers?

I find such attitude terribly defeatist - the country that refused to sign peace deal with Hitler after disaster in Dunkirk given up on the thing that it created in the first place? Does not compute.

This country destroyed manufacturing with taxes and Labour continued this fine tradition, frankly, after fiasco with North American colony it should have been written down in law that any UK politician that tries to increase taxes should be put into Tower for the amusement for tourists for at least 20 years, only if said politician manages this time and still wants the tax, such tax should be introduced.

Sorry chaps, but the UK well and truly ****ed itself with such policies - Conservatives here as as guilty (probably more actually) as the Nu Liebor, though the latter is successfully finishing it off with high taxation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I think you can ask anyone around here. atw is a lovely chap : and we all wish him well with SKA. But his economic theories are suspect.

I often wonder if he has advised Alistair Darling.....
      I see what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I see what you mean.
        Dont argue with him : it seems shooting is a suitable punishment for disagreeing.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So, the birthplace of industrial revolution ended up having only bad manufacturers?

I find such attitude terribly defeatist - the country that refused to sign peace deal with Hitler after disaster in Dunkirk given up on the thing that it created in the first place? Does not compute.

This country destroyed manufacturing with taxes and Labour continued this fine tradition, frankly, after fiasco with North American colony it should have been written down in law that any UK politician that tries to increase taxes should be put into Tower for the amusement for tourists for at least 20 years, only if said politician manages this time and still wants the tax, such tax should be introduced.

Sorry chaps, but the UK well and truly ****ed itself with such policies - Conservatives here as as guilty (probably more actually) as the Nu Liebor, though the latter is successfully finishing it off with high taxation.
          If the Uk is such a mess then why are you here? why are you not working in your French or German Utopia? You still have not given one good reason why the UK join the Euro
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            If the Uk is such a mess then why are you here? why are you not working in your French or German Utopia? You still have not given one good reason why the UK join the Euro
            I wouldnt be suprised if we joined the euro once the EURGBP hits parity, i.e, 1:1

They may take this step in order to stop the pound sinking below 1 euro.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

If the Uk is such a mess then why are you here?
              I am here by chance and despite shortcomings of UK I generally accept the package. This does not mean I have no right to say things that are wrong in this country - if you don't like Labour, why won't you fook off to some other country? If you don't do that, then don't tell other people.

You still have not given one good reason why the UK join the Euro
              Generally speaking I tend to avoid wasting time with people whose arguement is "go to another country".

Euro will help harmonise prices and avoid currency risk. It would also make it harder to rip off people in this country.

Comment

I'm wondering what will happen when the French take over some of our electricity supply and build our nuclear power stations. Are our electricity bills going to be priced in Pounds, Francs, Euros or garlic? If not the former, would our bills have been increasing quite rapidly recently?

What a sorry and vulnerable state we have become when we need the French government to supply our energy, and nuclear technology.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  What a sorry and vulnerable state we have become when we need the French government to supply our energy, and nuclear technology.
                  From dodgy's point of view it's great because Britain has got superb "service economy"

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I'm wondering what will happen when the French take over some of our electricity supply and build our nuclear power stations. Are our electricity bills going to be priced in Pounds, Francs, Euros or garlic? If not the former, would our bills have been increasing quite rapidly recently?

The greens have far too much influence. How many new power stations have there been over last 10 years? We cant rely on Russia for gas/oil imports : they are unstable.

Maggie would have had us building new power stations years ago.

Comment

Lefties are all ex art students, they have a huge chip on their shoulder about being thick and therefore hate science and technology.

Comment

Working...
                      X