• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woolworths 50% sale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've heard about the supposed behaviour of some of the 'bargain hunters', they should be ashamed of themselves. I think they need to remember that the people they are moaning at because "prices haven't been discounted as advertised" are going to lose their jobs.

On the other hand, if I hear one more cretin state that the government should intervene and save the company.....

Comment

The discounting wont be as good in high-value assets like games consoles. If there are thousands left when Woolies shuts it's doors for the last time, the administrators will show them as assets on the balance sheet, and they can be flogged off en-mass to a company like Amazon or Game for a wholesale price.

Pick'n'Mix is not an asset that is any good because it has a very short shelf-life, so they will want to get rid of it all.

Everything else will be in between these two extremes.
      When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Anyone been to Woolies today? Any real bargains or have they got rid of the good resalable stuff like PS3's, Xbox, Ipod's etc?
        I went, the sale hasn't changed from last weeks disapointment
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I went, the sale hasn't changed from last weeks disapointment
          Does Woolies still have the old Pick-and-Mix sweetie counter ?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
            From what I've heard about the supposed behaviour of some of the 'bargain hunters', they should be ashamed of themselves. ..
            On another blog I read someone today mentioned having just returned from a Woolies sale, where he found most of the shelves empty and looking like the store had been sacked by Visigoths!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Can't believe woolies is closing down after all this time, you know the government should really intervene and save the company! They have done it for the banks so why not the retailers????

Comment

LOL Ardesco !
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

All Stock 50%.

Loads of cretins on the news thinking there's bargains to be had, complaining it's rubbish. They must ignore the "up to" that sits between "All Stock" and "50%".

This is nothing different that any other sale.

If they ever did offer 50% off everything, they should only offer it to those with customer loyalty cards. Everyone else can whinge all they like, if they'd shopped there before the 'bargains', Woolies wouldn't be in the mess it is.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Woolies has gone bust because it got targetted by the joint evils Tesco and Walmart (ASDA in this country).

I bought my first album in Woollies and we used to nick marker pens (good for graffiti) and Blu-Tack from there. Happy days.......
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                      Woolies has gone bust because it got targetted by the joint evils Tesco and Walmart (ASDA in this country).

I bought my first album in Woollies and we used to nick marker pens (good for graffiti) and Blu-Tack from there. Happy days.......
                      You see you are the reason that they are now going down!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X