• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco's £900 million quid in 6 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want cheap as chips supermarket food that tastes of cack all. I prefer to pay more to enjoy better quality food but, in the case of sourcing meat direct from a farm, often it is cheaper than the supermarkets anyway, for enormously better quality.

Just say no to supermarket tulipe.

Comment

I shop at Tesco. It's cheap and convenient, they have a nice big car park, and they help you with your packing. They'll even carry stuff to you car for you if you can't be bothered doing it yourself or have kids.

I really don't give a monkey's chuff about anything else they do. And I'm certainly not sad enough to waste my time posting on an internet message board conspiracy theories about how their success is all down to a corrupt government.

If it is, all they have done is milk the system. Something everyone here tries to do to suit themselves.

Some of the people on here really need to get out more.

Comment

"they also spend a huge amount of money and time lobbying for planning permission to build stores all over towns and play games with the government by making a sizeable donation to Liebour to avoid a car park tax, for instance."

Yeah and just how much are Tesco's going to compensate the commuters on the Gerrards Cross line ?!?!?

see
        http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news...s/tescotunnel/

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
          I really don't give a monkey's chuff about anything else they do.
          That's the problem. Not caring what else they do means we have a nation of children, teenagers and adults pumped full of cheap crap and chemicals, and then we wonder why we have so many behavioural and health problems.

As for packing for you - the teenage monkeys they employ wouldn't know how to pack their willy into a condom let alone the shopping. Hmmm, should I put the giant frozen turkey on top of the biscuits?

Comment

Did you see that programme a couple of weeks ago, "The Secrets of the Supermarkets"? It was plenty critical of the sharp business practices of big chains but also gave praise where it was due. One thing it did though was attempt to dispel the myth that supermarkets are always cheaper. They nearly always are for known low value items (bread, eggs, milk - as long as you aren't concerned about taste or quality) but rarely are for general groceries, fruit, veg, meat, etc. Of their sample basket of mixed foodstuffs foodstuffs, the local greengrocer, butcher and general store was cheaper every time.

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
              And I'm certainly not sad enough to waste my time posting on an internet message board conspiracy theories about how their success is all down to a corrupt government.
              But you are sad enough to waste your time posting on an internet message board that their success isn't down to conspiracy theories involving a corrupt government?

Comment

Firstly - good luck to Tesco's - the it's not fair attitude is just jealousy
                Secondly - they have only had this success because people use their shops - if you object to the money they make then don't shop there.

I don't shop at Tesco's because I prefer the better quality offered by smaller shops and don't mind paying for it - the average british shopper has no objection to crap as long as it's cheap. I also wonder how many of them are screaming it's not fair for all they are worth!

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                  Firstly - good luck to Tesco's - the it's not fair attitude is just jealousy
                  Secondly - they have only had this success because people use their shops - if you object to the money they make then don't shop there.

I don't shop at Tesco's because I prefer the better quality offered by smaller shops and don't mind paying for it - the average british shopper has no objection to crap as long as it's cheap. I also wonder how many of them are screaming it's not fair for all they are worth!

Oooh errr. Do I detect a hint of snobbery? Tesco sell crap do they - Mr "I am too rich to shop in Tesco" ?
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    Oooh errr. Do I detect a hint of snobbery? Tesco sell crap do they - Mr "I am too rich to shop in Tesco" ?
                    Absolutely, I have no desire to mix with poor people

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                      Absolutely, I have no desire to mix with poor people
                      Don't go to Asda then

Comment

Working...
                      X