• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank idiots blame government idiots…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Monetarist? That was all about balancing the books. This government has paid no heed to balancing the books.
    Well the war in Iraq wasn't cheap but I believe the Conservatives supported that too. On most Macro economic policies the parties were very similar.
    The difference is only really becoming apparent now.
    On a personal level I would vote for a party willing to reform welfare and taxation of low income workers, which could be the Conservatives (although they need ot try harder). Or the only party who thought the housing boom would end is disaster 4 years ago (Liberals)
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

* 12 million immigrants pour into US
      Wasn't just immigrants, it was the "poor underclass" who could be empowered through home ownership
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Well the war in Iraq wasn't cheap but I believe the Conservatives supported that too. On most Macro economic policies the parties were very similar.
        The difference is only really becoming apparent now.
        On a personal level I would vote for a party willing to reform welfare and taxation of low income workers, which could be the Conservatives (although they need ot try harder). Or the only party who thought the housing boom would end is disaster 4 years ago (Liberals)
        How about the party that couldn't really give a toss as long as we all get pissed? The Official Mosnter Raving Loony Party. Unfortunately, they're not half as funny since Lord Sutch died.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          How about the party that couldn't really give a toss as long as we all get pissed? The Official Mosnter Raving Loony Party. Unfortunately, they're not half as funny since Lord Sutch died.
          Absolutely. A great loss.

My favourite policy was to make parliament more accessible to the people....by virtue of putting on wheels and towing it round the country. Classic.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'd vote for a party that laid out a realistic long-term plan for the government to pay off all its debts, and for the banks to rebalance their books.*

Having such a plan would bring some confidence back to the economy, get things moving for business, and rekindle employment and growth.

All we have at the moment is a long term plan to keep increasing debts, in an attempt to try and put off short-term pain, which is so f**king stupid it is unbelievable. It's like taking increasing doses of aspirin for a stomach ulcer.

*This could never be the Labour party of course, since they have demonstrated at every time of asking that they are fiscally incompetent. But it could be anyone else, even the Monster Raving Loonies.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              . But I still reckon mass immigration was somehow the original cause of this.

Sorry but that's complete bollux.
              Nothing to do with indigenous feckwits borrowing too much and the mainly indigenous bankers lending to them for a quick buck, then?
              I reckon most immigrants would have more of a savings ethos than otherwise.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                They would surely do less harm than Labour and the Tories.

Comment

I'd vote for a party that laid out a realistic long-term plan for the government to pay off all its debts, and for the banks to rebalance their books.*

Having such a plan would bring some confidence back to the economy, get things moving for business, and rekindle employment and growth.

All we have at the moment is a long term plan to keep increasing debts, in an attempt to try and put off short-term pain, which is so f**king stupid it is unbelievable. It's like taking increasing doses of aspirin for a stomach ulcer.

*This could never be the Labour party of course, since they have demonstrated at every time of asking that they are fiscally incompetent. But it could be anyone else, even the Monster Raving Loonies.
                  The problem is that the fractional reserve banking system relies on people borrowing money, which is why things are going so pear shaped now. People are not borrowing/banks are not lending....so the whole system has gone belly up.

I have yet to hear anyone admit that or propose a solution. They are just desperate to get mugs borrowing again so the gravy train can get moving again.

When you think about it, the whole thing stinks. We're in a mess partly because too much money was borrowed/lent (and not just by people who couldn't afford it) - so the solution from politicians is to get the banks lending again so people can borrow more money??

Time to vote for Snoopy I think...
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Sorry but that's complete bollux.
                    Nothing to do with indigenous flipwits borrowing too much and the mainly indigenous bankers lending to them for a quick buck, then?
                    I reckon most immigrants would have more of a savings ethos than otherwise.
                    OK, but why did the indigenous flipwits borrow too much?

Because property prices kept rising, due to demand stimulated in large part by mass immigration, and because they could borrow too much (as Governments had relaxed the rules).

I'm not saying a lot of borrowers weren't greedy and stupid. But it's not unreasonable to want to get on the property ladder if rents are sky high and the ladder is rapidly being hoiked up out of your reach.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

On the other hand, deliberately infecting people with cowpox immunises them against smallpox. These metaphors are all pointless, you can find one to support whichever bias you have.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X