• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad was your commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

while I was waiting for the car to thaw, built the missus a snowman in the drive with little twig arms, and looked at the little moggie footprints in the back garden.
    Our little black and white Al quada, terrorist cat is in her element. Her comoflage is suddenly perfect
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

2 hours, only 10 minutes more than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by deckster View Post
        The usual 30 seconds walk into the study, checked Jobserve for non-existent jobs, now I have the rest of day to kill before repeating the arduous process tomorrow.

Bleh.
        Is it me or is jobserve is getting more and more sluggish these days?

If so, the obvious explanation is there are more and more people looking for work ...
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No problems...except I forgot the office keys so had to turn around..It was tricky going up the hill. Especially as some twat had left his car on the bend. luckily the neighbour's car left a bare patch on the road or I'd never made it to the driveway. For once I thanked the people that park on the road.

It was good fun watching the B&Q delivery try and go up the hill..It was like a yoyo. The son enjoyed it a lot.

I just hope it warms up and stops snowing othewise there maybe little chance of me getting the car up the hill in the evening.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Took me an hour extra... I decided to have a nice hot bath before walking to my study.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Tube: Now so crap that it'd make more sense to turn the lines into cycle routes.

Comment

Ahh you poor northerners, why not move to sunnier climes? It's above freezing in Somerset... my neighbour has a palm tree in his front garden.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The usual four minutes for me.

It's only 800 metres but i still take the 4x4 - just in case.

No road kill today though - think it must have been too cold.

Comment

as I am in a spare room (with desk) at family and working from home it took me 2.5 seconds.

However I then had to wait 15 minutes for the work laptop to stop grinding..

KL
                    "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
                      as I am in a spare room (with desk) at family and working from home it took me 2.5 seconds.

However I then had to wait 15 minutes for the work laptop to stop grinding..

KL
                      You're not supposed to make coffee with it are you?
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X