• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here fishy fishy..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
    Or instead of being so obtuse, why don't you provide your previous 2 HR/Agent contacts as references? You might actually find yourself forward for a role and who knows you may even get to interview stage.
    Mmmm the fact that its obviously an automated response doesn't give the fishing game away.

Pull the other one its got bells on

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      Mmmm the fact that its obviously an automated response doesn't give the fishing game away.

Pull the other one its got bells on

Well I don't see you have a lot to lose to be honest, especially in the current market place. Your not giving away genuine hiring manager contact names so you are not causing any problems for anyone.
      I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
        Well I don't see you have a lot to lose to be honest, especially in the current market place. Your not giving away genuine hiring manager contact names so you are not causing any problems for anyone.
        Are you seriously telling me that a client is going to request the agency ref check all candidates as a means to creating a short list rather that the experience and skill set they have???

Utter rubbish..

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
          Are you seriously telling me that a client is going to request the agency ref check all candidates as a means to creating a short list rather that the experience and skill set they have???

Utter rubbish..
          If there are fewer contracts and therefore 100 people applying per contract, maybe they can afford to be fussy. Also, maybe agents don't want to sieve through so many CVs and want to reduce the number of applications they look at.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If there are fewer contracts and therefore 100 people applying per contract, maybe they can afford to be fussy. Also, maybe agents don't want to sieve through so many CVs and want to reduce the number of applications they look at.
            Maybe there aren’t actually 100 people applying and the agent’s bluffing. Seeing as I know most of the testers in the Netherlands who have the same qualifications as myself, I usually know how many of them are available for work. Some agents really seem to assume that we’re all ignorant twits.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Maybe there aren’t actually 100 people applying and the agent’s bluffing. Seeing as I know most of the testers in the Netherlands who have the same qualifications as myself, I usually know how many of them are available for work. Some agents really seem to assume that we’re all ignorant twits.
              It is a wider and important point: agents depend on "knowing the market" better than contractors.

Talk to each other, guys, it's the way to beat them!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                It is a wider and important point: agents depend on "knowing the market" better than contractors.

Talk to each other, guys, it's the way to beat them!
                Agents have to try and know the whole market to some degree; very few will know a niche market really well, and that’s where the contractor can have an advantage. I once had an agent on the line saying he had 120 applicants for a job which listed a qualification that less than 50 people in the Netherlands had at the time; I started asking whether Pete Smith, John Brown, Phil Bates (names obviously imaginary) had applied. Wow, he said, you know the testing market really well. Yes, I said, and can you give me an accurate figure on how many suitable applicants there are? 'About 3' (obviously not 2.8 or 3.2) was his answer. I got the contract as I was only person the client interviewed.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

)

Same thing happened to me, first cal from agency and they ask for references, stupid,idiots, called them however you want !

Comment

Working...
                  X