• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facial Hair Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to have a beard..was great for skiing as kept my face quite warm...even if there were icicles hanging off me face. But...food kept dropping into it..needed constant combing and trimming. I got more pimples (I'm a lifetime acne sufferer) and rashes with it...so I ditched it.

I remember when my manager saw me for first time without it...he kept staring at me and bumping into walls..

Haven't even thought about going back...the most I do is a three day stubble which is the limit of my itch threshold.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Used to have a beard..was great for skiing as kept my face quite warm...even if there were icicles hanging off me face. But...food kept dropping into it..needed constant combing and trimming. I got more pimples (I'm a lifetime acne sufferer) and rashes with it...so I ditched it.

I remember when my manager saw me for first time without it...he kept staring at me and bumping into walls..

Haven't even thought about going back...the most I do is a three day stubble which is the limit of my itch threshold.
      did a beard work with that dress?
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Yeah, sorry, acceptable to me personally, not the world in general...
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I find a 3 day growth necessary to justify my "senior" job title and not get mistaken for a work experience kid
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
            I find a 3 day growth necessary to justify my "senior" job title and not get mistaken for a work experience kid
            Count yourself lucky if you're young looking?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
              So, what do you think is acceptable ?

A moustache ?
              A beard ?
              A combination of the above ?

Get voting...and as usual, there is no AndyW option because he is too young to have facial hair. Ha !
              Does this poll relate to men as well as women? I prefer women without moustaches or beards, but with bush.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                did a beard work with that dress?
                Nah...this is something I just threw together yesterday. Back then I was as male as I am today. Well last time checked anyway....
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Moustache for Mowvember.

No other time of the year is it acceptable.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                  X