• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed - Mumbai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You can be 100% sure those gunmen who took hostages wanted to negotiate (that's the idea of taking hostages and some of them called TV stations) - Indian Govt didn't, so they stormed it for long time without any regard for hostage life, the calculation is simple there - loss of face for terrorist attack already happened could be compounded if it lasts longer due to negotiations, adding a few dozen extra dead hostages to already high list is not a factor in such high level decision making in countries where human life does not mean much (unless it's big official or their family).
    Baws, I have spoken about the facts, you are just second guessing both the gunmen and the Indian gov.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Baws, I have spoken about the facts, you are just second guessing both the gunmen and the Indian gov.
      The gunmen took hostages - people take hostages when they want to negotiate. I second guess Indian Govts response because in countries like India and Russia where life of people is cheaper than loss of face to the state of having to negotiate this is a typical response.

Anyhow I've quoted unofficial opinion of Israel on this matter - as expected they are not happy quick storm was done because negotiations help prepare for it and make it more successful (it's hard for a handful of terrorists to keep attention 24/7 for a few days).

Comment

You don't know jack about...
        Since when has knowing anything about anything been a prerequisite to making comments on these forums?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Since when has knowing anything about anything been a prerequisite to making comments on these forums?
          Every since I joined and raised otherwise rather low standards of posting. The rest is history.

Comment

The gunmen took hostages - people take hostages when they want to negotiate.

Or use them as human shields.

You need to start thinking outside the box. I know it's difficult with all that lovely padding, but please try.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Every since I joined and raised otherwise rather low standards of posting. The rest is history.
              And you still set the standards to which the rest of us aspire?

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Or use them as human shields.
                And they would use them as human shields exactly why? If they just wanted to kill as many people as they want they'd just shoot everyone without taking hostages - after short period of time when everyone could run did so the only people under danger would have been hostages (assuming here security forces act quickly and block terrorists in their locations - should not take more than 2-3 hours max).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And you still set the standards to which the rest of us aspire?
                  I am too modest to say these things but I am glad you got the message.

Comment

And they would use them as human shields exactly why? If they just wanted to kill as many people as they want they'd just shoot everyone without taking hostages

The answer is in a game of Space Invaders.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X