• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Age discrimination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phrases

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Isn't the point that if her date of birth was omitted then how could the clients have age-discriminated against her, as they didn't know her age?
    Simple, the companies asked for newly qualified. A CV with no age but with 25years employment history (or dates when school/university completed) make it fairly easy to determine age.

Fact is these companies should have binned her for a rubbish CV and gone to the tribunal. However, when the costs exceed a payoff it makes commercial sense to stump up the payoff.

Comment

Good luck to her. She is doing us oldies a favour by highlighting rampant age discrimination.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        The first fact is a good reason to turn her down, but the second isn't.
        Didn't she do that on purpose though?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Old workers should be discriminated against
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

that's me fecked
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

that's me fliped
              And they should be discriminated for EO
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                I blame the employment tribunal. Also companies have no spine and cave in rather than face her in court. They should sue her for fraud.
                As someone with experience in this area - I blame the lawyers. The plain truth is that the process of any kind of legal action in this country is so slow and expensive that, particularly if you are a small outfit, your choices are to carry on running the company and pay off scum like this parasite, or risk bankrupting the company to fight totally spurious crap this kind, knowing that you may lose anyway. The only winners are lawyers and scum. The only casualties are truth and common sense. (All in my humble opinion of course - but based on the near collapse of a previous employer brought about by one scummy employee)

Comment

That's me flipped too.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    That's me flipped too.
                    You sound like a burger albeit an old burger

Comment

You sound like a burger albeit an old burger
                      grumpy, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X