• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freiberufler in Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    I believe renting in Berlin is pretty good value for money. Just checking the sites it looks like between 800 Euro and 1K euro will get you a pretty decent spot.
    yes, I agree
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
      I believe renting in Berlin is pretty good value for money. Just checking the sites it looks like between 800 Euro and 1K euro will get you a pretty decent spot.
      Probably somewhere round the Zoo where if you don't get a needle up yer bum, you're going to get something blunter. Do a great currywurst up at Humboldt park (Berlin Mitte) and some well dodgy Thai bars around there as well.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Hi Chef,
        Still under contract in Berlin ? did you get an Accountant ?
        I have been here contracting here for many moons and have been using Mr H. who is not bad.
        I agree with the comment to take someone local which can be a big advantage and you don't have the hastle of posting recepits.
        Local accounts also have a better releationship to the Revenue you will be paying.

To the theme of SocialInsurance, I opted to employ someone for over the €400 limit. So far so good though the contracting experience has not been with other problems from the Amts...
        If you are still in the sector then all I can say is keep everything clean. They don't trust contractors since the 02 incident in 2007 and many collegues from the Islands have been having premature audits...

If you plan to stay longer then maybe opting to make a GbmH or the new small company (similar to Ltd.) may keep the dogs at bay. The only difference is that the self employed status is history BUT you have a pay a small company tax AND more accountancy fees.

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
        X