• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GordonRamsay affair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That doesn't even make sense.
    It's a quote from Chris Rock I think but am not sure I get it either

Comment

Who said that?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        So because George Orwell thought it was good - we should all think so too?
        He is entitled to his opinion, as am I, and I have no interest in TNOTW.
        For a start Its full of people I've never heard of, on TV programs I never watch.
        If I want to read a comic, I'll get 2000AD thanks.
        Given that Orwell's "take" on writing batters to death all CUK posters' daubings, then yes, his opinion's worth more. A bit like your doctor's opinion on medical matters being worth more, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          I think it has changed somewhat since his day.
          Not much. He extolled its virtues as a salacious gossip sheet, etc.

Comment

I agree with Tony Benn on this one the tabloids are an opium for the masses designed to stiffle debate of the real issues.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              Not much. He extolled its virtues as a salacious gossip sheet, etc.

He liked the tales of murder, I do not think that he ever said that the NOTW was the best paper, of course you will have read Decline of an English Murder and Coming up for Air and know that you are misquoting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                I once even got a letter printed in it - a proud moment
                I got one printed in the Viz - Still have my Cr@p jokes book somewhere
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I agree with Tony Benn on this one the tabloids are an opium for the masses designed to stiffle debate of the real issues.
                  And I agree with Tony Benn and Baggy.
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    He liked the tales of murder, I do not think that he ever said that the NOTW was the best paper, of course you will have read Decline of an English Murder and Coming up for Air and know that you are misquoting.
                    No. And yes. He wrote about The Decline of the English Murder and the Screws having juicy details, etc. But, I remember reading in another essay that the Screws was the best/greatest/finest paper in the world. Just Googled; can't find it, so either Alzheimer's is setting-in, or he did write that.

I always took his surprising stance to mean that tit-n-bum journalism was probably less likely to be written to control the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post

I always took his surprising stance to mean that tit-n-bum journalism was probably less likely to be written to control the masses.
                      I think its written to distract the masses.
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X