• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Zealand win a rugby world cup...at last

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Stan, DA certainly showed you mate!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
      Well Stan, DA certainly showed you mate!

Mailman

So has the world cup now been downgraded in order of importance just because the All Blacks cat win it ???
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Dunno, has it been upgraded in importance because England has won it just as many times as the Blackness?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          So has the world cup now been downgraded in order of importance just because the All Blacks cat win it ???
          Well to be honest I think the world cup kinda sucks, and not just coz the ABs suck at it. Even the Football World Cup sucks - none of these tournaments live up to the hype. Its all overblown and everyone gets stressed and depressed when [England or The All Blacks] get knocked out of the Cup.

I much prefer just watching my personally favorite team(s) playing on a Saturday, secure in the knowledge that 'you can't win them all' and happy to cheer on a win but also sanguine enough to accept a loss.

This year the Abs got their ass handed to them a couple of times but they dug deep and pulled off some crucial wins to take the Tri-nations and the Bledisloe. Quite frankly it was far more entertaining and much better rugby than the World Cup, so I actually could live without the World Cup getting in the way of the normal rugby season.

Comment

Working...
          X