• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone jammers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The possibility of jamming something that should not be jammed, e.g. communication between emergency services, is something that should be considered, regardless of how annoying you find it that other people are using their phones.
    WHS.

When some thug starts kicking your head in, and people around you can't call for help because of your jammer, you may start to feel that overhearing their conversations was a small price to pay.

And what about the guy in the next carriage who has a heart attack, and the train staff can't get an ambulance ready and waiting for him at the next station?

Sounds thoroughly selfish and irresponsible to me.

Comment

I wouldnt dare suggest that this was really done...

But how about leaving one switched on permanently outside HMRC headquarters
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        WHS.

When some thug starts kicking your head in, and people around you can't call for help because of your jammer, you may start to feel that overhearing their conversations was a small price to pay.

And what about the guy in the next carriage who has a heart attack, and the train staff can't get an ambulance ready and waiting for him at the next station?

Important points, and well made, but, still, think of the peace & quiet.

Comment

I once had someone sit opposite me alkiing loudly - he left his charger behind. I could have called after him - and ordinarily would have done - but I did not bother. People who talk loudly should think about the consequences of their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            WHS.

My understanding (please correct if wrong) is that they have a button to terminate conversations instantaneously.

Comment

I'm interested in buying one of these. Obviously it would only be used occasionally, when needs must

How much are they and what range can be expected?10m would probably suffice. Providing it's small (fag packet size) easy and discreet to operate can't see any problem. It's legal to own and I won't be waving it in anyones face when it's switched on.

Comment

If we get enough of us together - could we get a bulk discount?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  If we get enough of us together - could we get a bulk discount?

that is what the guy who sold me mine offered

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                    I'm interested in buying one of these. Obviously it would only be used occasionally, when needs must

How much are they and what range can be expected?10m would probably suffice. Providing it's small (fag packet size) easy and discreet to operate can't see any problem. It's legal to own and I won't be waving it in anyones face when it's switched on.
                    I think it depends on the distance to the mobile tower, the disruption varies from 1 yard to 15. Mine cost 48 quid but it is in transit and might get confiscated.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      I think it depends on the distance to the mobile tower, the disruption varies from 1 yard to 15. Mine cost 48 quid but it is in transit and might get confiscated.
                      Keep us updated as to it's actual capabilities after you have received and tested it.

Comment

Working...
                      X