• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"British jobs for British workers" - Is outsourcing a treasonable activity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    3rd from bottom... oh well
    Nick Griffin has one too, only the last two lines are replaced by

No I'm not a racist (a ha!)
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      You are from SA though... aren't you kinda an outsourced fella?
      Originally yes, but am a british citizen. I just talk funny...kind of like you then

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        As Brown Chops tells us "British jobs for British workers", surely the hollowing out of the professional middle class in Britain by British companies who outsource is a treasonable activity - in the sense that it is damaging to the country as a whole?
        You should be on question time.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Originally yes, but am a british citizen. I just talk funny...kind of like you then
          you talk way funnier than me, nearly as funny as EO
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            I have to admit to being undecided on this. The alternative to outsourcing is some form of protectionism of jobs with stringent employment laws. That's no good for economies and entrepeneurs either.
            <snip>
            ....... sooner we look to exploit the potential opportunities it brings rather than moan about it the better imo.
            Protectionism seems to work for the French. I agree with what you say at the end though.

Comment

Fair enough if reciprocal. Problem is, India is a protectionist economy and this is a very one sided arrangement, they want access to our markets which they do not legally allow into theirs.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Fair enough if reciprocal. Problem is, India is a protectionist economy and this is a very one sided arrangement, they want access to our markets which they do not legally allow into theirs.
                Very well put!

We need to keep jobs here. We allow others here to outsource as we made our economy to do this! Now the chips are down - we need to rebuild..that means choosing the BRITISH CITIZENS regardless of colour, caste or creed and doing the right thing. But no doubt we will get the do-gooding, closet racists wanting to be liberal and free for all and will criticise this. Sod em! send them to their death, bring back hanging, Sky Pay Per View Hanging! Ill pay!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  As Brown Chops tells us "British jobs for British workers", surely the hollowing out of the professional middle class in Britain by British companies who outsource is a treasonable activity - in the sense that it is damaging to the country as a whole?
                  Wasn't it the Labour government that was promoting and encouraging outsourcing to reduce costs to business ... or was it just me, over the last 8 years, I've had almost every jobs that I've been working on outsourced to "low cost regions".

Its a bit bloody late to shut the stable door now the horse has bolted.

Brown is a tosser

Comment

Brown can shut is trap, my 2 Romainian house cleaners ( excellent by the way ) are quite happy with minimum wage, if they go then I'm going to have to pay over the odds or I will end up with some chav from the local housing scheme who will probably pawn my camera after 1 week.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
                      Wasn't it the Labour government that was promoting and encouraging outsourcing to reduce costs to business ... or was it just me, over the last 8 years, I've had almost every jobs that I've been working on outsourced to "low cost regions".

Its a bit bloody late to shut the stable door now the horse has bolted.

Brown is a tosser
                      Yes it was. In fact it was Patricia Hewitt that met years ago with business leaders in India to see how the UK could "help" them.

Is also has something to do with the fact that the govt. are in the pockets of Crapita (sic), PA Consulting and EDS. They help each other and ship the work out for peanuts.

So now New Liebour has helped screw up UK plc, they want to be seen not to be the guilty ones, so are pretending that they are going to clamp down on outsourcing, when all along they were lapping it up.
                      Last edited by SantaClaus; 20 November 2008, 21:24.
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X