• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parliament infested with vermin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parliament infested with vermin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3481...th-vermin.html

Nearly £60,000 was spent last year on eradicating the pests.

Records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by The Independent show that most of the pest annihilation budget is consumed by the Houses of Parliament, where £54,323 was spent in the last financial year.

May I suggest we just stop voting for them?
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

Nearly £60,000 was spent last year on eradicating the pests.
    I thought elections cost much more than that.... and also that the Tory party was back in Self Destruct mode anyway!

Comment

Pest

Maybe they should just try ricin or anthrax.

Should sort the buggers out.
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Heard a rustling noise outside in the side passage, and on walking outside to check almost tripped over a one of the sods who was trying to tear through a rubbish bag to get at some nuts inside.

(Then I noticed his clipboard and he had the cheek to ask if I'd be voting Labour next time round )
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Urine attracts rats and rats attract snakes.

--Sulu. Not treking far enough, and going where no man should go before, boldly.

Comment

Working...
          X