• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ebay sniping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Well, I would probably be viewed as annoying by people who are incapable of making basic calculations, but I just avoid meeting those in real life.
    The cbasic calculation they are incapable of is avoiding you and your economic theories.......

Comment

To mis-quote Fight Club

AtW was like that scratch on the roof of your mouth that would go way if you could just leave it alone.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Or maybe we need a classic threads thread which could be made sticky.......
        Sticky like the curtains thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Which message where you ignoring? So I can quote it for you!

I do hope this thread gets made sticky. Or maybe we need a classic threads thread which could be made sticky.......
          They're all ignored now. I think I should start a new thread asking for nobody to ever quote AtW, then I'll never have to read any of his tedious posts or demonstrations of his complete inability to accept anyone else's point of view, ever again.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'm so sorry, I will stop posting immediately
            quoting for the benefit of other members
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              quoting for the benefit of other members
              If only!
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                They're all ignored now. I think I should start a new thread asking for nobody to ever quote AtW, then I'll never have to read any of his tedious posts or demonstrations of his complete inability to accept anyone else's point of view, ever again.
                Its a shame sasguru cannot see this thread. Or maybe he is lurking.......

Comment

I'm so sorry, I will stop posting immediately.

Comment

Sticky like the curtains thread?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

AtW, if you go to a conventional live auction you can’t ask the auctioneer to extend time after he puts the hammer down. If you don’t attend the auction you can leave you maximum bid with the auctioneer (just like your maximum bid on eBay)

Getting friends or yourself to bid is legal both in live auctions and on ebay. It makes sense because the seller is asking for the maximum price that a bidder is willing to pay.

What is NOT legal is ringers. This is where a bunch of bidders collude not to bid against each other and then have an unofficial auction between themselves afterwards thus bringing the price down.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X