• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should we be selling all pounds asap ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could also buy oil & gold. Oil is cheap now.
    Bored.

Comment

I've got two weeks in the US booked in Feb - if it goes down to £1 = £1.20 or lower I'm going to cancel as none of the hotels are paid for yet.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        Eh?
        I think he said "andyw is a sockpuppet designed to test admin's resolve on the swear filter".

But I could be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
          Speculating on exchange rates is the riskiest thing that you can do as nobody can ever know what is going to happen (of course, apart from atW and his infinite wisdom).

If you plan to stay in the UK it makes sense just to forget about it. It might make more sense for an expat to invest now in sterlings and convert all the savings if he/she plans to return. For anybody else, it is just too risky to play with these things.
          Indeed. It was speculating on BTLs that got us into this mess. As santaclaus said - you need at least 3 years experience to stand any chance.....

Comment

This poll is flawed.

The pound to go down against what? All the other currencies in thew world? The Euro only? The USD only? A basket of selected currencies?

This poll is economics for idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Do you mean sterling? A bit too late for selling that, it might fall further 15-20% though but the solution to this problem is to earn foreign currency that will convert into lots of pounds rather than convert small amount of pounds into even smaller amount of foreign currency.

showing a grasp of economics AtW. Practice makes perfect

With a falling exchange rate Britain now has a greater chance of coming out of this recession than other Euro countries. The Uk's exports will be cheaper, good value on properties and businesses will attract external investment and tourists will flock here.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
                In my opinion Andyw is an owners creation , as many others here , designed to judge members feelings about language on this forum.
                Newbies, eh?
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Newbies, eh?
                  Yeah, they should be exterminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    Indeed, is true, no one knows how fast sterling is going to go down. Down like a dropped brick? Or down like one of those tank buster rockets that goes down and at the last moment explodes in a great cloud of down-ness, totally sterlising the contents...
                    If there was 100% certainty about that, then you would be sure to make money since all you need is to exchange into another currency and change back once the fall has happened. However, you'll soon realise that there is no certainty about anything in this world.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X