• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call of Duty 5

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
    Glad to hear it (only just of course, given the fan noise).

I'm amazed they were able to bring it to market myself given the racket it makes. It's probably another reason the Wii has been so well received as lounge-friendly. A friend has one and I'm sure it was practically silent during operation.
    Yeah, the Wii has been generally good aside from when the optical drive went - it was dishing out some truly horrendous noises then. Still, £25 to have it returned to Nintendo, repaired and sent back wasn't too bad.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Most Wii's are silent because there's nothing to play on them! Games forums are full of people asking when some good games are going to come out? 3 or 4 AAA titles in a year is piss poor by today’s standards.

The last month has been one of the biggest ever for top end title releases yet there's nothing of note for the Wii.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Most Wii's are silent because there's nothing to play on them! Games forums are full of people asking when some good games are going to come out? 3 or 4 AAA titles in a year is piss poor by today’s standards.
        I wouldn't agree that there's nothing good to play on the Wii - but the best titles for the Wii are generally of a different nature to the "blockbuster" FPS titles on other consoles. I would suggest that games forums normally attract the type of player interested in these blockbuster titles - something that the Wii isn't particularly suited to.

The last month has been one of the biggest ever for top end title releases yet there's nothing of note for the Wii.
        COD5, FIFA 09, Manhunt 2, Lego Batman have all been released for the Wii, albeit some in slightly different incarnations to the PS3/360/PC versions.

Comment

Most Wii's are silent because there's nothing to play on them!
          I disagree.

Pro Evo Soccer
          Mario Kart
          Wii Sports
          Mario Galaxy

Are all good. Not blockbusters, but all good.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            I disagree.

Pro Evo Soccer
            Mario Kart
            Wii Sports
            Mario Galaxy

Are all good. Not blockbusters, but all good.
            ahhmm... "3 or 4 AAA titles in a year is piss poor by today’s standards".

I'm not knocking the Wii as it’s clearly designed to appeal to a different demographic than traditional games consoles but considering the massive user base it's got to be said that Nintendo really should have more original quality titles than they have come up with to date.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Don’t expect this to be as polished as CoD4 as this one is done by Treyarch not Infinity Ward, it’s the same team who did CoD3 which is ok but still the worst of the bunch.

I’m a huge CoD fan and ranked prestige 6 times around on CoD4, I now have a daughter so I have next to no time to play video games anymore and I just got Fallout 3 which will take me till this time next year to complete so I may have to give this a miss.
              I only got into CoD at 4, but I thought the issue with CoD3 was the engine rather than the gameplay/maps. From what I understand World at War uses the CoD4 engine but maps and gameplay done by Treyarch rather than Infinity Ward - I'll find out later I guess
              Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                I only got into CoD at 4, but I thought the issue with CoD3 was the engine rather than the gameplay/maps. From what I understand World at War uses the CoD4 engine but maps and gameplay done by Treyarch rather than Infinity Ward - I'll find out later I guess
                Yep, that's my understanding as well. Although much of the appeal of COD4 seems to be the muliplayer aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Yep, that's my understanding as well. Although much of the appeal of COD4 seems to be the muliplayer aspect.
                  Yep, and reading the back of World at War that's been expanded on again - 4player online co-op sounds like carnage

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                    Yep, and reading the back of World at War that's been expanded on again - 4player online co-op sounds like carnage
                    I was going to save WaW for a Christmas present for No.1 son, but I'm now wondering whether to open it...

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      I was going to save WaW for a Christmas present for No.1 son, but I'm now wondering whether to open it...
                      Play it in the evening after he's gone to bed - that way when he gets it for christmas you'll have had a bit of a head start (which it sounds like you might need if he's that good!)

No kids here so that's my weekend sorted. Just need to find something for the missus to do now..

Comment

Working...
                      X