• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
    Why don't they just put chicken-wire over the front of the engines??? - air goes in, chickens stay out.

contracting plan B - the aviation industry. I think I've got a future there...
    You find me some chicken wire that'll withstand a 600mph impact and I'll buy as much as you can get
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Solution - put defensive laser system that would shoot down incoming obstacles without proper ID. Also can double up as anti-missile defence system. Sorted!
      been tried , didn't work. The system shot down friendly birds that approached the engine by mistake

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        been tried , didn't work. The system shot down friendly birds that approached the engine by mistake
        Radar should track them and only shoot down if projected trajectory will result in a contact with airplane.

Now that kind of weapon would not need BAE to give bribes to sell it to foreign countries

Comment

They should have a fast spinning thing with blades on in front of the engine inlet to chop up any incoming birds into small nuggets.

A turboprop perhaps?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Birdstrikes cock up propellers too incidentally, at the rotational and forward velocities of a prop or turbine a bird corpse is a rather hard object, the real issue is big birds or flocks of small ones.

The most effective approach is the one that airports routinely use which is to keep birds off the airfields so that they don't hit the aircraft on takeoff or landing. A common cause of flight/landing delay is scaring the birds away so they don't get ingested by the engines or slap into the wings, fin and fuselage.

Comment

I have a bird scaring system.

Unfortunately it's my face
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Simply nail a hawk above each engine to scare away the approaching birds
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  Simply nail a hawk above each engine to scare away the approaching birds
                  might effect fuel economy
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAE_Hawk
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Found this.

YouTube is your friend

It's a hell of a way to make chicken nuggets!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      I have a bird scaring system.

Unfortunately it's my face
                      Not true!!!

It isnt just your face.

Comment

Working...
                      X