• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Statement from Bank of England

Smells of panic to me.
    If you ain’t scared, you ain’t right
    -- Taj Mahal

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      I expect rate cuts to give a boost to equity values regardless of the state of the local housing market.
      Unless we all get out and spend lots I dont see it happening. Hence we need to borrow more than the huge amount of debt we already owe. You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I doubt lenders will pass it, even for "trackers" - many lenders have got some exclusions for that in small print that nobody reads.
        Indeed they have, and it's called a collar.

But, AFAICT, my lender doesn't implement a collar!

Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Unless we all get out and spend lots I dont see it happening. Hence we need to borrow more than the huge amount of debt we already owe. You know it makes absolutely no sense.
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            If you ain’t scared, you ain’t right
            -- Taj Mahal
            IF you can keep your head when all about you
            Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
            If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

Then you have no idea of the seriousness of the situation and the mess we are in.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The fact that mortgages are cheaper will be little consolation to the people that can't afford them any more because they don't have a job. There will be an explosion of those before the year is out.

I walked out of the office this morning at 11:45 to get a sandwich for my lunch. This bloke walked past me and I thought, hang on a minute, is that who I think it is?

I turned around and watched him wander into Austin Reed

ClientCo is just over the road from the Bank of England but in all the time I have been there I have never thought it likely that I would see the Governor of the Bank of England wandering about.

He looked to me like he had rather a lot on his mind .....

Comment

1.5% !!!!!

A very frightening occurrence

Now everyone can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

"It's on fire you Idiots"
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                X