• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They wish they'd picked their own cotton now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    And there's ends Brillo's input to reasoned debate.
    That was one of my few reasoned comments!

Most of the things I hate about Labour were started by the tories - abolish ACT, fuel escalator - and bought in by that idiot Major. I might add it was Major who took us into the ERM against Maggie's wishes - why she did not sack him I don't know. Only think she did wrong.

We need a return to simplified tax system and balancing the budget.

We also need a true thatcher successor or a non mad maggie. Mind you even while senile I bet she would do better than Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      That was one of my few reasoned comments!

Most of the things I hate about Labour were started by the tories - abolish ACT, fuel escalator - and bought in by that idiot Major. I might add it was Major who took us into the ERM against Maggie's wishes - why she did not sack him I don't know. Only think she did wrong.

We need a return to simplified tax system and balancing the budget.

We also need a true thatcher successor or a non mad maggie. Mind you even while senile I bet she would do better than Brown.
      It was Major's condition for taking the job of Chancellor of the Exchequer that Sterling join the ERM.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        well, I will concede that our tulipe ones are ten times better than your good ones
        I take no responsibility for them.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          It was Major's condition for taking the job of Chancellor of the Exchequer that Sterling join the ERM.
          Major was not much better than atw would have been. He assumed that Europe would play fair - instead he found that East of Dover civilization ends.

Why did Lucky Lawson give up anyway? That was a shame.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Major was not much better than atw would have been. He assumed that Europe would play fair - instead he found that East of Dover civilization ends.

Why did Lucky Lawson give up anyway? That was a shame.....
            East of Dover - It's a bit dodgy south of the Thames!

Lawson - he gave it up to take a staring role in Xena: Warrior Princess.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X