• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brake Discs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep you can look at the hole through the caliper for thickness, also feel the disc, is it scored?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I replaced 6 on my old XJ6.

Tony, get yourself to "Brakes International" just off Drake street for a second oppinion!
      I checked their website and they seem to be just a supplier of parts. Will they give it the once over?
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        I checked their website and they seem to be just a supplier of parts. Will they give it the once over?
        Tony, they fit as well as supply, but check if they are still there... I'm not sure if they are. (head from John street to Milnrow road, they're round the bend on the left after Carcraft and TK Max)

Take it to the garage across from Kwik-fit back towards the infirmary. He does mine, and is v straight up. (Duke St Garage)

Where you having the MOT done??
        I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          Tony, they fit as well as supply, but check if they are still there... I'm not sure if they are. (head from John street to Milnrow road, they're round the bend on the left after Carcraft and TK Max)

Take it to the garage across from Kwik-fit back towards the infirmary. He does mine, and is v straight up. (Duke St Garage)

Where you having the MOT done??
          MOT is being done now at the same place that's servicing it. So are those little garages accross from Kwik Fit any good? I've often thought about giving them a go but tend to leave everything to the last minute.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

MOT is being done now at the same place that's servicing it. So are those little garages accross from Kwik Fit any good? I've often thought about giving them a go but tend to leave everything to the last minute.
            They can be excellent, I used to use one that had been recommended by a couple of friends, good work, advice and reasonable price, shame he's retired to the golf course now.

Comment

Well it's just filed it's MOT on one of the rear brake calipers. This dispite the rear pads and drums being 'replaced' a few months ago. Surely this part would have to have been removed to do this job.

Also it didn't fail the MOT on the front discs.

Feckin garages!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well it's just filed it's MOT on one of the rear brake calipers. This dispite the rear pads and drums being 'replaced' a few months ago. Surely this part would have to have been removed to do this job.

Also it didn't fail the MOT on the front discs.

flipin garages!
                Duke St is good, he's done all repairs and servicing on this car. he's sorted niggles for free and fits you in at short notice. there is an MOT place up a side st behind Solomans (Kebab shop, one of the best in town!), he's good too...
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

confused here, if you have drums on the rear you wont have calipers.

(0) is the idea of calipers with the circle being the disk.

A drum is sumething that pushes outwards to brake the shoes
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

To help you next time not to look like you have "overcharge me I know very little about cars" written all over you.

If you have drum brakes on the rear then you have pistons and shoes and a drum

If you have disc brakes then you have callipers, pads and discs.

No you don't need to remove pistons to fit new shoes but if they were weeping then it could be spotted they were on the way out. Unless the garage has taken the drums off to have a look there's NO WAY they can see it's X or Y that's at fault with certainty after a fail on the brake testing machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
                      confused here,

A drum is sumething that pushes outwards to brake the shoes
                      Me too....
                      a drum in this case is shaped like a round biscuit tin and something the shoes press against.

Comment

Working...
                      X