• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOE interest rate cut this week...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOE interest rate cut this week...

Comm'on, forget about the credit crunch, it's all over...BOOMED....
    No cut! UK economy rocks, why bother (DP quote)?!
    16.13%
    -0.5%, help us with our mortgage please!
    29.03%
    -0.75%, economy is on the edge, we need a real cut!
    3.23%
    -1%, you know it makes sense, god s(h)ave the pound!!
    51.61%
    The rest is silence...

Hopefully 1%, I am shorting the pound at the moment...

Comment

So the well-known declared enemy of short-selling is shorting the mighty pound, can't believe this...
      The rest is silence...

Comment

I think you will find that we have yet to see the worst of all this
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not according to the Oracle in Swindon, fill yer boots I tell ya!!
          The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
            So the well-known declared enemy of short-selling is shorting the mighty pound, can't believe this...

Comment

HAB - why did you vote for no change?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                He is just being an arse.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  0) Just to be different!

1) I voted for what they should do not what they will do.

2) Given 0 & 1, it will not help. I'm in the 'pushing on the string' camp. The BoE have cut rates and it hasn't done a thing at the other end.

3) Although we will have more short term deflation in most asset classes, there is a large inflation bubble building. One the is not going to be covered by earning growth.

4) defend the pound, protect those on fixed incomes (i.e. pensioners), etc.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    0) Just to be different!

1) I voted for what they should do not what they will do.

2) Given 0 & 1, it will not help. I'm in the 'pushing on the string' camp. The BoE have cut rates and it hasn't done a thing at the other end.

3) Although we will have more short term deflation in most asset classes, there is a large inflation bubble building. One the is not going to be covered by earning growth.

4) defend the pound, protect those on fixed incomes (i.e. pensioners), etc.
                    Personally I disagree. Risk of deflation next year. If deflation sets in it could get really nasty. Could make current conditions look benign.

Though I do agree with point 4.

And I reckon it will be 50bp cut - though I would like 100bp....

Comment

Working...
                    X