• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just booked a 3-week trip to Sao Paulo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I did the North-East coast last year. Visited Natal, Joao Pessoa, Olinda and Recife. I recommend it, but take note of the shark notices around Recife.
    Friend of mine has bought some properties in Natal. Is it as up and coming as he says it is?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
      its awful.

can take 3-4 hours to get from the airport to town.

gridlock

hot and humid, cloudy and grey most of the year.

leave ASAP - go to Pirianopolis, Iguazu, Rio, Brasilia - and the north coast is supposed to be nice.

or Buenos Aires, Santiago, Asuncion, Montevideo are a couple of hours away.
      remove "hot and humid" and you've just described London

I went to Sao Paulo a few years ago for 3 days for the Skol Beats music festival
      http://www.365mag.com/index.php?pg=n...Music+Magazine

was f---ing brilliant

Then spent 2 weeks in Rio
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
        Friend of mine has bought some properties in Natal. Is it as up and coming as he says it is?

That will be a good investment, because there is a new airport opening in 2010, which will be the largest in South America, as the Brazilian government plough billions into their infrastructure and tourist industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          That will be a good investment, because there is a new airport opening in 2010, which will be the largest in South America, as the Brazilian government plough billions into their infrastructure and tourist industry.
          I dunno...

there is no 'green belt' there restricting building, so I guess it will be like Florida - which I guess is what they want. Some good stuff but mostly sh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
            I dunno...

there is no 'green belt' there restricting building, so I guess it will be like Florida - which I guess is what they want. Some good stuff but mostly tulipe.

There are building restrictions to preserve the giant dunes etc which the Brazilian government regard as a major tourist asset. Development is at a very limited level at the moment because Brazilian banks do not give mortgages, so now is the best time to invest at entry level.

Florida is nothing to the scale of the Brazilian coast, and of course there are no hurricanes to worry about.

Comment

Working...
            X