• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just booked a 3-week trip to Sao Paulo"

Collapse

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    I dunno...

there is no 'green belt' there restricting building, so I guess it will be like Florida - which I guess is what they want. Some good stuff but mostly tulipe.

There are building restrictions to preserve the giant dunes etc which the Brazilian government regard as a major tourist asset. Development is at a very limited level at the moment because Brazilian banks do not give mortgages, so now is the best time to invest at entry level.

Florida is nothing to the scale of the Brazilian coast, and of course there are no hurricanes to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    That will be a good investment, because there is a new airport opening in 2010, which will be the largest in South America, as the Brazilian government plough billions into their infrastructure and tourist industry.
    I dunno...

there is no 'green belt' there restricting building, so I guess it will be like Florida - which I guess is what they want. Some good stuff but mostly sh1te.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Friend of mine has bought some properties in Natal. Is it as up and coming as he says it is?

That will be a good investment, because there is a new airport opening in 2010, which will be the largest in South America, as the Brazilian government plough billions into their infrastructure and tourist industry.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    its awful.

can take 3-4 hours to get from the airport to town.

gridlock

hot and humid, cloudy and grey most of the year.

leave ASAP - go to Pirianopolis, Iguazu, Rio, Brasilia - and the north coast is supposed to be nice.

or Buenos Aires, Santiago, Asuncion, Montevideo are a couple of hours away.
    remove "hot and humid" and you've just described London

I went to Sao Paulo a few years ago for 3 days for the Skol Beats music festival
    http://www.365mag.com/index.php?pg=n...Music+Magazine

was f---ing brilliant

Then spent 2 weeks in Rio

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I did the North-East coast last year. Visited Natal, Joao Pessoa, Olinda and Recife. I recommend it, but take note of the shark notices around Recife.
    Friend of mine has bought some properties in Natal. Is it as up and coming as he says it is?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    its awful.

gridlock

leave ASAP - go to Pirianopolis, Iguazu, Rio, Brasilia - and the north coast is supposed to be nice.

Whs. Use it as an airport and somewhere for stopping on your way to somewhere else. Nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    its awful.

gridlock

I did the North-East coast last year. Visited Natal, Joao Pessoa, Olinda and Recife. I recommend it, but take note of the shark notices around Recife.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    its awful.

gridlock

hot and humid, cloudy and grey
    Sounds like when I arived at Heathrow on August Bank Holiday one year.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    its awful.

gridlock

Staying in Boituva, which is about 50K north-west. It's the parachuting capital apparently.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fn18aHP2k

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    its awful.

gridlock

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    If it takes three weeks to get there, I won't be be booking up

Just over 15 hours via Madrid with Iberia for 524 quid. Hotel 17 quid a night (60 Reais).

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Peter Mandelson ?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    ... anybody else been there ?
    If it takes three weeks to get there, I won't be be booking up

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke