• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mother-fokker arachnids

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    Everywhere. So dim too. Garden spiders always stick their webs right over doors. I get fed up with crawling underneath trying not to damage them. I do not always succeed and then I feel guilty for hours.
    While having breakfast at the B&B I noticed outside what looked like a large black grape suspended in mid-air, and then it started moving ...

On looking outside later, where it had been, there was the biggest spider's web I've ever seen, a good five feet across, with "guy ropes" about ten feet long, no word of a lie! It could have practically caught a pigeon.

How do the critters get their webs _started_, without using a miniature helicopter to at least get the framework anchored to widely spaced (and mutually inaccessible as far as I could see) points?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They come indoors about this time of the year looking for somewhere dry and warm.

They are silly feckers because most of them dry out and die. Especially as they make webs in places where they are just as likely to catch a train as anything to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        they make webs in places where they are just as likely to catch a train as anything to eat.
        I recall reading something on a website about spiders saying they can survive eating crumbs and bits of food dropped by humans. Oh wait....that was mice.
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          I recall reading something on a website about spiders saying they can survive eating crumbs and bits of food dropped by humans. Oh wait....that was mice.
          Must be big spiders if they eat mice! Mind you, how many humans drop their mice?
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
            Must be big spiders if they eat mice! Mind you, how many humans drop their mice?
            Nah, mate. You've been watching V again, haven't you. Can't say I blame you, that Diana was quite nice in a '80s bitch queen' way

Comment

Nah, mate. You've been watching V again, haven't you. Can't say I blame you, that Diana was quite nice in a '80s bitch queen' way
              I'm off to touch meself!

Actually I'm off to the company canteen for a fry-up all for the princely sum of £1.45.... Mind you, some bastard will probably outbid me on that!
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                I'm off to touch meself!

Actually I'm off to the company canteen for a fry-up all for the princely sum of £1.45.... Mind you, some bastard will probably outbid me on that!
                £1.45?! The fecking 'deli' here sells dodgy toasted sandwiches for £1.90. The dirty bastards.

Comment

Just for you, the dirty bitch...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                    Just for you, the dirty bitch...

Corr! Now that's what I call deep throat
                    Now I'm off to touch myself....

Comment

Working...
                    X