• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning your Boss about Security can get you fired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    Maybe it isnt what you said.. but the process you followed to say it that got people annoyed?

And if you think doing good work is the key to being a succesfull contractor.. you are in for a world of disappointment, it is all about schmoozing and keeping permies happy.

And it was a rookie error not to let the system get hacked and then offer to fix it.. for a fee..
    I hate to say this but...WHS
    Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

I would only offer advice if asked although I might hint to them "did you not think of doing this?". At the end of the day it's their software and they probably think it's great.

What you did was like being the barman at a wedding and telling the best man everything that is wrong with the bride, no wonder the guy was miffed.

Writing a list to the guys boss is just one sure fire way of getting the bullet or p1ss in your tea.

If I was really concerned I would have mentioned one thing straight to the guy, seen how he reacted.

Comment

And if you think doing good work is the key to being a succesfull contractor.. you are in for a world of disappointment, it is all about schmoozing and keeping permies happy.
        TOTALLY AGREE. You have to be a politician these days

Comment

spot the beginner

Contracting...

see everything

hear everything

say nothing

get a contract extension to sort out the excrement when it laters rises to the surface through the normal biological means

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            spot the beginner

Milan.
            No - the beginner is anyone who takes the original post seriously. It is a totally made up story IHMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              No - the beginner is anyone who takes the original post seriously. It is a totally made up story IHMO.
              Ok I believe you. But why would someone bother to make up this story?

Seems like a lot of effort for zero point?

Comment

Just like posting on CUK
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  I think you will find, if you read the OP carefully, that in the first line he states that it's a true story

hth

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Some people enjoy hoaxing others - they seem to enjoy the fact that they can extract so much serious debate from something that was spurious in the first place - I don't understand it either, but it's not rare on line is it?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      I think you will find, if you read the OP carefully, that in the first line he states that it's a true story

hth

Oh well, in that case...........

Comment

Working...
                      X