• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Germany is fooked ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    They still make cars that are in demand and UK doesn't (meaning mass production). I am not sure UK would even have Bentley or Rolls Royce cars going without Germans, and Aston Martin's future is a tad suspect. Heck, Indians now own Land Rover and Jaguar and the other cars made in the UK are basically assembled from designes done elsewhere - France, Japan.

And now you claim German labour costs too high? Maybe so, but they kept their industry until now and I think they got a good chance to keep it further now that people are re-evaluating whether bulltulipers from the City who build bubbles on debt are actually worth having around at all.

Siemens in Germany got full book of orders for wind turbines until like 2012, other manufacturing there works fine, and you won't hear them outsourcing this to India to cut costs - they made the right choice and I think their nation/Govt has got what it takes to win this battle, so I doubt they are fooked at all, if anything I think UK is fooked about right now - I can't really think of any meaningful large scale export that can benefit from dropping pound now, unlike Germany who'd do well of euro being weaker against dollar.
    We got our arms industry and pharmaceuticals. Both recession-proof.
    HTH
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

They still make cars that are in demand and UK doesn't (meaning mass production). I am not sure UK would even have Bentley or Rolls Royce cars going without Germans, and Aston Martin's future is a tad suspect. Heck, Indians now own Land Rover and Jaguar and the other cars made in the UK are basically assembled from designes done elsewhere - France, Japan.

And now you claim German labour costs too high? Maybe so, but they kept their industry until now and I think they got a good chance to keep it further now that people are re-evaluating whether bulltulipers from the City who build bubbles on debt are actually worth having around at all.

Siemens in Germany got full book of orders for wind turbines until like 2012, other manufacturing there works fine, and you won't hear them outsourcing this to India to cut costs - they made the right choice and I think their nation/Govt has got what it takes to win this battle, so I doubt they are fooked at all, if anything I think UK is fooked about right now - I can't really think of any meaningful large scale export that can benefit from dropping pound now, unlike Germany who'd do well of euro being weaker against dollar.

Siemens manufactures wind farms in Denmark. Wind turbines dont work because no one knows how to maintain them, and the only reason they are selling is because govts have been hoodwinked into believing that they are of value.
      Also the Germans save all their money and their returns on savings are Fu**ed because no one is borrowing money to buy their Porsches.

Also VW and Mercedes are f***ed because no one can afford to go on holiday to Greece or Spain so no one is buying Taxis.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        DA,

I'll ignore questioning your 'Teacher mode',

anybody with any knowledge of the German economy will read Sas's post and immediately ignore anything else posted by Sas because in the above post he has intimately revealed his naivety.

Therefore, my suggestion remains, if Sas wishes to maintain a higher intellectual profile than the one represented by that post, he should edit the post.

Milan.
        Shut it milan, we know you're of the atw school of cretinism.
        Kindly answer the question.
        In a severe global recession do you think the luxury German car makers will suffer hugely or not?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Siemens manufactures wind farms in Denmark.
          It's all Europe now, same monetary zone - UK is foolishly standing out of it and this only helped to accelerate decline of industry.

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Wind turbines dont work because no one knows how to maintain them, and the only reason they are selling is because govts have been hoodwinked into believing that they are of value.
          Small ones on your houses don't work well, big ones however work very well and provide real savings. Those wind turbines were used by some countries for decades, so it is known to work and it helped them to get real orders for real work.

Also the Germans save all their money and their returns on savings are Fu**ed because no one is borrowing money to buy their Porsches.
          German people make more than just cars - lots of other real world stuff that is in demand, they certainly do a lot more than UK does - the main UK's speciality in recent years was attracting dodgy IPOs that won't happen in USA due to stricter regulations, now even this will disappear.

Comment

Evidence:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...740448,00.html
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              We got our arms industry and pharmaceuticals. Both recession-proof.
              UK can't seem to sell arms without giving bribes to buy them. I think Israel has got far more genuine arms industry that produces actual real serious innovations than UK.

As for pharmaceuticals I think you may find that companies are leaving UK as it is too expensive to operate (in many respects thanks to Labour Govt), but also pharmaceuticals have got huge problem of large costs and difficulty in getting new products, they prefer to make lifestyle stuff or variations of what was done before, otherwise just too expensive - I'd say this attitude is going to doom then, and in any case they employ a handful of people and manufacturing is likely to be done elsewhere anyway, so no way they can supply enough work for this country, not even for 10% of it.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                And? Obviously they will have sales slump, they ain't going to go bust like Rover however since even if they were in this condition German Govt will make sure they keep them unlike UK Govt that can't find a few billions for Rover, but can blow £100 bln + to bail out scammers from the City.

Comment

It's all Europe now, same monetary zone - UK is foolishly standing out of it and this only helped to accelerate decline of industry.

Small ones on your houses don't work well, big ones however work very well and provide real savings. Those wind turbines were used by some countries for decades, so it is known to work and it helped them to get real orders for real work.

German people make more than just cars - lots of other real world stuff that is in demand, they certainly do a lot more than UK does - the main UK's speciality in recent years was attracting dodgy IPOs that won't happen in USA due to stricter regulations, now even this will disappear.

Siemens designs Turbines (not wind) in Newcastle and builds turbo sets in Lincoln so yes we are all Europe now.

The Germans also build DIY equipment, so no one will be buying any of that anymore. No more sports sponsorship so Adidas is fu**ed.

They dont build anything of any value that cannot be manufactured elsewhere cheaper. And as the Germans know nothing about finance other than stuff the mattress with it they are therefore fu**ed
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

As for pharmaceuticals I think you may find that companies are leaving UK as it is too expensive to operate (in many respects thanks to Labour Govt), but also pharmaceuticals have got huge problem of large costs and difficulty in getting new products, they prefer to make lifestyle stuff or variations of what was done before, otherwise just too expensive - I'd say this attitude is going to doom then, and in any case they employ a handful of people and manufacturing is likely to be done elsewhere anyway, so no way they can supply enough work for this country, not even for 10% of it.
                    Oh I see, you're an expert in pharmaceuticals as well, are you?
                    Do tell us more....
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

If you believe wikipedia

"In 2003 Germany imported US$601.4 billion of merchandise, while imports of goods and services totalled US$773.4 billion. Principal merchandise imports were motor vehicles (US$64.4 billion), chemical products (US$63.2 billion), machinery (US$41.8 billion), oil and gas (US$39.9 billion), and computers (US$30.5 billion). Germany’s main import partners were France (9.0%), the Netherlands (7.8%), the United States (7.3%), Italy (6.1%), the United Kingdom (6.1%), Belgium (4.9%), China (3.8%), and Austria (3.8%).

In 2003 Germany exported US$748.4 billion of merchandise, while exports of goods and services totalled US$873.3 billion. Principal merchandise exports were motor vehicles (US$145.5 billion), machinery (US$103.0 billion), chemical products (US$92.9 billion), electrical devices (US$36.2 billion), and telecommunications technology (US$35.1 billion). Germany’s main export partners were France (10.6%), the United States (9.3%), the United Kingdom (8.4%), Italy (7.4%), the Netherlands (6.2%), Austria (5.3%), Belgium (5.0%), and Spain (4.9%)."

That would suggest that Germany's economy would suffer with a world wide recession, but I guess thats what a world wide recession is.

Comment

Working...
                      X