• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.net training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pondy, I wasn't talking about the German reference, I was talking about your description of the product, and considering how well you do from the excentricities of the product it seems to me disrespectful for you to describe the product in an open forum in the such a way, in the pub, in company of fellow .netters well that's a different story

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      chef,

seriously, it's not possible to simply do some training and move into our .net

what the customers want is:

years of experience and they value long experience in this area

deep knowledge in your main area combined with vast broad knowledge of all the orbiting parts

years of projects to be able to bring experience of all the issues and solutions to your current project

your only chance, is to get a permie role (if that is even possible for someone with no experience) and do that for a few years and then contracting

most people get into our .net because the company they worked for bought the product, or if they were really lucky they get a trainee role in .net as a permie

funny thing about the .net area is, _everybody_ in .net has a story to tell about how they got into it

anybody disagree with the above ?

Milan.
      I just said the same but with less whitespace
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

KathyDog,

that's the spirit luv

you go girl

Milan.

Comment

ahhh

Milan.
          Last edited by milanbenes; 29 October 2008, 15:22.

Comment

that's kind of the answers I was hoping to get and more.. thanks

i didn't seriously believe it was as easy as a few courses and jump right in otherwise everyone would be doing it, if i'd have engaged brain before asking I wouldnt have wasted your time.. thanks though

now what shall I cook for dinner?

<chef in daydreaming mode>
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

chef,

seriously, it's not possible to simply do some training and move into our .net

what the customers want is:

years of experience and they value long experience in this area

deep knowledge in your main area combined with vast broad knowledge of all the orbiting parts

years of projects to be able to bring experience of all the issues and solutions to your current project

your only chance, is to get a permie role (if that is even possible for someone with no experience) and do that for a few years and then contracting

most people get into our .net because the company they worked for bought the product, or if they were really lucky they get a trainee role in .net as a permie

funny thing about the .net area is, _everybody_ in .net has a story to tell about how they got into it

anybody disagree with the above ?

Milan.

Agreed 100%

Especially the bit about "the day I joined the .net project" story.

As for biting the hand. I'm more than happy to worship at the altar of Waldorf. Long may it continue I say.

Comment

ahhh

Milan.
                s'cuse me
                Last edited by ThomasSoerensen; 29 October 2008, 15:25.

Comment

ahhh

Milan.
                  Dammit. I missed this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Dammit. I missed this one.
                    don't worry - it was not for you

Comment

Pondlife,

'As for biting the hand. I'm more than happy to worship at the altar of Waldorf. Long may it continue I say.'

seconded.

Thomas,

good lad.

Have you been to the P shop today ?

Milano.

Comment

Working...
                      X