• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brand & Ross Sacked by BBC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    It is bullying and it is humiliation that these guys were dishing out. The girl herself may have brought it upon herself, but involving Sachs was deplorable.
    These guys were doing it only for themselves. I would be much more impressed if these two cowards were to pick on a Muslim terrorist or laugh at the way muslim extremists treat their women. Imagine them calling one of the "hate" preachers and asking him if he is "getting any".
    I like that idea!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      It is bullying and it is humiliation that these guys were dishing out. The girl herself may have brought it upon herself, but involving Sachs was deplorable.
      These guys were doing it only for themselves. I would be much more impressed if these two cowards were to pick on a Muslim terrorist or laugh at the way muslim extremists treat their women. Imagine them calling one of the "hate" preachers and asking him if he is "getting any".
      Now that would be entertaining!

Also Woss came to our attention by being cheeky to "established" celebs - about time he had a bit of his own.

Comment

Ha

They have just been suspended

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/late...han.4640572.jp
        Last edited by zara_backdog; 29 October 2008, 11:46. Reason: added link
        Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Is there an echo in here?

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Brand or Ross must have a lot of enemies. Only 2 people complained when it was originally broadcast in September. I don't mind Ross except he has become over exposed on the BBC.

Brand you ponce begone
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

BBC Director General's announcement:

I would like to add my own personal and unreserved apology to Andrew Sachs, his family and to licence fee payers for the completely unacceptable broadcast on BBC Radio 2.

BBC audiences accept that, in comedy, performers attempt to push the line of taste. However, this is not a marginal case.

It is clear from the views expressed by the public that this broadcast has caused severe offence and I share that view.

Since Sunday, I have been in regular contact with the senior executives I tasked with handling this issue.

The investigation that I instructed Tim Davie [director of BBC audio and music] to conduct is nearing completion, and I am returning to London to review the findings and, in the coming days, announce what action we will take.

In the meantime, I have decided that it is not appropriate for either Russell Brand or Jonathan Ross to continue broadcasting on the BBC until I have seen the full report of the actions of all concerned.

This gross lapse of taste by the performers and the production team has angered licence payers.

I am determined that we satisfy them that any lessons will be learnt and appropriate action taken.

I have been asked to report to the Trust's Editorial Standards Committee before the end of this week and will discuss with the Trust the findings of the report and the actions I propose.

Comment

"On Tuesday afternoon, Sachs told the BBC that Ross had "personally delivered a letter of apology and some flowers" since the broadcast.

He has not "heard anything" from Brand, the actor added."

At least Ross had the decency to show his face and apologise in person. I personally like Jonathan Ross, though his show is getting a bit tiresome. I usually look forward to him presenting the Comedy Awards which should be coming up shortly. Wonder if he will still be doing them and want reaction he'll get !

Comment

The granddaughter of Sachs has called for the pair to be sacked.

Georgina Baillie, 23, said she may make an official complaint to police about Brand's prank radio show phone calls to her grandfather.

However, she did admit that she had slept with the controversial comic.
                  So what Brand said was true, he did f*** her.

Not sure what grounds her 'complaint' will have.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Brand or Ross must have a lot of enemies. Only 2 people complained when it was originally broadcast in September. I don't mind Ross except he has become over exposed on the BBC.

Brand you ponce begone
                    Recorded and broadcast this month, Shirley?

16/10 and 18/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      I agree, Mandy is beneath contempt (like the Hamiltons, Archole et al). My point was that even if these two goons are fired, they will be back in some form sooner or later.

Without doubt, but they must be made to pay a price for their irresponsibility. Other presenters in the past have been sacked for much less.

There is hypocrisy here purely because these guys have a huge following, and viewing figures are paramount to the BBC. We should all refuse to pay our TV licences until they are fired.

Just heard on the radio that they have been SUSPENDED !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X