• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dumbass agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can be worth meeting the agent - but only if they're one of the good ones. ( That means they still take the piss, and try to rip you off, but actually have the client contacts, and are able to place you. ). It serves to build a professional, working relationship.

Last time I had lunch with my agent, the food was ok, but the £25 shot of grappa as digestif was really very very good.

Lunch today, however, is with my financial advisor. Now there's a man who can find the good restaurants around town.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      the agent did a very good job of ensuring an extension for myself
      No...you did that! They did the contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        WHS with bells on...
        OTOH I was invited to an agency party a while back which I didn't go to, but word got back to me that the full secretarial pool [insert gag here] went along, who were generally very easy on the eye and rather drunk.....

Never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          ......the agent did a very good job of ensuring an extension for myself
          me

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            me
            thanks

sorry Fleetwood
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
            X