• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Boom - London will lead the fightback according to Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    A medium-sized nuclear blast over Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff & Belfast? Should be a good start...
    Nah, nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
    (Man, I love that line).

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Nah, nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
      (Man, I love that line).
      "Fred, dear Fred. There's so much that I want to say to you. You're the only one in the world with enough wisdom and gentleness to understand. If only it was somebody else's story and not mine. As it is, you're the only one in the world that I can never tell. Never never. Because even if I waited until we were old, old people and told you then, you'd be bound to look back over the years and be hurt. And my dear, I don't want you to be hurt. You see, we're a happily married couple and let's never forget that. This is my home. You're my husband. And my children are upstairs in bed. I'm a happily married woman - or I was, rather, until a few weeks ago. This is my whole world, and it's enough, or rather, it was until a few weeks ago. But, oh, Fred, I've been so foolish. I've fallen in love. I'm an ordinary woman. I didn't think such violent things could happen to ordinary people."

My favourite "line".

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        "Fred, dear Fred. There's so much that I want to say to you. You're the only one in the world with enough wisdom and gentleness to understand. If only it was somebody else's story and not mine. As it is, you're the only one in the world that I can never tell. Never never. Because even if I waited until we were old, old people and told you then, you'd be bound to look back over the years and be hurt. And my dear, I don't want you to be hurt. You see, we're a happily married couple and let's never forget that. This is my home. You're my husband. And my children are upstairs in bed. I'm a happily married woman - or I was, rather, until a few weeks ago. This is my whole world, and it's enough, or rather, it was until a few weeks ago. But, oh, Fred, I've been so foolish. I've fallen in love. I'm an ordinary woman. I didn't think such violent things could happen to ordinary people."

My favourite "line".
        Brief Encounter?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          A medium-sized nuclear blast over Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff & Belfast? Should be a good start...
          I think in 1986 when Chernobil had fairly minor accident compared with what you propose, cancer rates in this country increased - one medium sized nuke anywhere in this country is likely to make it uninhabitable elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Brief Encounter?
            Of course. 10 points.

Comment

Working...
            X