• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best type of beige corduroy arm patches?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    I suggest adding some trousers and turning it into a library suit.
    or this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4..._racegall5.jpg

This was a race between a Pakistani cricketer and a NZ cricketer during a test match lunch break.. Richardson the chap on the right, was mid innings.. got changed into his suit, ran the race... then went back out to bat.
    He used to challenge one of the oposition to a running race every match (the opponents always chose the slowest bloke), and he never won once as he is dead slow, but then he decided to make his speed beige suit.. and beat the Pakistani.

He is now a commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Everything was beige...
      I remember purple too.

And then there was that pair of tie dye T-shirts i had to fish out of the bin every time me mum tried chucking them. Neither of them was beige.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Beige? Isn't that a woman's colour? That's not one of the true colours men understand, such as red, white, black, green, grey, blue, erm, maybe a couple more. Other colours are just lighter or darker shades of these. Is beige the new grey?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Beige? Isn't that a woman's colour? That's not one of the true colours men understand, such as red, white, black, green, grey, blue, erm, maybe a couple more. Other colours are just lighter or darker shades of these. Is beige the new grey?
          I can’t see the difference between dark blue, black and dark green. I think I’m wearing black today. I once bought a second hand car that I thought was black until by girlfriend told me it was navy blue. I’d support any campaign for basic colours as it would make my world a lot clearer.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            One of my ex colleagues once bought a car he reckoned was brown.

It was a particularly vile purple....

He's colourblind...

Still can't work out how purple ends up as brown with a red/green defect, but there you go.
            Hmmm, I struggle with purple and brown too. It’s weird; no type of colour blindness fits my ‘colour blindness’ but I still have problems distinguishing some colours. Maybe we need a new type of colour blindness, then I could start a victims group and apply for a European subsidy.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I'm looking to refurb an old jacket I bought from Oxfam 15 years ago. Should I go for corduroy patches on the elbows or maybe tear the arms off and turn it into a kind of waistcoat?

I didn't get a rate rise and the gas bill arrives soon and a lightbulb blew yesterday.

Thanks,

An IT Contractor on his uppers.
              If you wear patches on the elbows of a corduroy jacket, you also need to smoke a pipe.

HTH
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Top tip: Roll your sleeves up before you pull yourself along the ground using your elbows. Works for me.

Comment

I'm looking to refurb an old jacket I bought from Oxfam 15 years ago. Should I go for corduroy patches on the elbows or maybe tear the arms off and turn it into a kind of waistcoat?

I didn't get a rate rise and the gas bill arrives soon and a lightbulb blew yesterday.

Thanks,

Are you teaching IT in a Junior School?

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article....1&in_page_id=7
                  Last edited by Paddy; 21 October 2008, 20:56.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Thanks,

And I thought you were a millionaire?

Comment

Working...
                    X