• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The death of the coffee shops

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaker View Post
    That's because they appreciate proper coffee and don't drink that Starbucks rubbish...
    Meh all the continent's coffee are rubbish. Except in Italy. I'm sorry but European (bar the Italian) can't make good coffee. European barista just don't understand the difference between froth & foam (it's froth not foam!), and don't understand the difference between cappucino & latte.

Very few barista in London have training. I found there's only 1 place in London where you can get "proper" coffee. "Flat White" in Soho, runs by Kiwis. Darn just thinking about it make me miss proper coffee.

Anyway enough rant for the day

Comment

Once worked in a pub in the grim north west. There was a "ladies" darts match one evening. I still have nightmares about the tattooed, pint-swilling, coarse vulgarians.

Comment

Do they still have the cockle and mussel woman doing the trawl of the pubs up North?
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Indeed I went in one last week. As we emerged after one drink, a chav smoking on the doorstep and chatting to someone on her phone said "said hang on I've got to move someone's coming out........oh........I mean some snobs are coming out" I hadn't clapped eyes on this woman up to that point, let alone spoken to her.

I was wearing jeans and a crappy old denim jacket so unless she was using the fact that I don't have a shaved head, black eye or any facial tattoos (or any actually), and I've had a wash and shave within living memory as a guide, I'm not sure where she came up with that, however, it does give me the right to call her a chav and reinforces my feeling that every time I've been to a Wetherspoons pub it's been full of people with "issues"
          She probably heard you and your mates slagging off the chavs whilst you sipped your campari and soda.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            She probably heard you and your mates slagging off the chavs whilst you sipped your campari and soda.
            Pint. It was a bit quiet so we spent a bit of time playing the trivia machine - maybe she'd seen that I knew some of the answers. No-one said a word about the other clientèle whilst we were in there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Doubt it - she would have stabbed him...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                Confucius say: He who go to McDonalds for coffee wait longer than panda for shag"
                Post of the day for me!

Comment

Originally posted by vhadiant View Post
                  Very few barista in London have training. I found there's only 1 place in London where you can get "proper" coffee. "Flat White" in Soho, runs by Kiwis. Darn just thinking about it make me miss proper coffee.
                  Yeah we rule at Rugby *and* coffee. Did you know... that in OZ and NZ we have a coffee (which is actually THE most popular one) called a Flat White? of course not being a coffee drinker I can't tell the difference between a Flat White and a Latte, in fact I don't think anyone can.

"Aye. In them days, we'd a' been glad to have the price of a cup o' tea..."
                  "Cold Tea"
                  "Without Milk! Or Sugar!"
                  "Or tea!"

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Indeed I went in one last week. As we emerged after one drink, a chav smoking on the doorstep and chatting to someone on her phone said "said hang on I've got to move someone's coming out........oh........I mean some snobs are coming out" I hadn't clapped eyes on this woman up to that point, let alone spoken to her.

I was wearing jeans and a crappy old denim jacket so unless she was using the fact that I don't have a shaved head, black eye or any facial tattoos (or any actually), and I've had a wash and shave within living memory as a guide, I'm not sure where she came up with that, however, it does give me the right to call her a chav and reinforces my feeling that every time I've been to a Wetherspoons pub it's been full of people with "issues"
                    Excellent. CUK Crimbo Do Mission 1:
                    Walk into a Wetherspoons in small groups, buy el cheapo rounds and pay with a crisp fifty. Crowd round the trivia machine and beat it (if possible!) Then collect winnings and go to bar to have it changed to fivers for a kitty.

All the while, speak in the most hooray Henry voice/manner possible.

Bonus points if you make it out of there alive.

Comment

Apparently coffee and bears don't mix, read this in the Metro on way in today,

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...9&in_page_id=2

I want some of that

Comment

Working...
                      X